LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

2022 Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With over half the season over i thought it would be a good idea to start looking at playoff picture

NFC Playoff Picture:
#1 Eagles 13-2 (8-2)
#2 Vikings 12-3 (7-3)
#3 49ers 11-4 (9-2), (5-0)*
#4 Buccaneers 7-8 (7-3)
#5 Cowboys 12-4 (8-3)
#6 NY Giants 8-6-1 (4-6-1)
#7 Commanders 7-7-1 (4-6-1)

----------------------
#8 Seahawks 7-8 (5-6) (3-2)*
#9 Lions 7-8 (5-5)
#10 Packers 7-8 (5-5)

Tie Breaking procedure:
1) Head to Head record
2a) Division Record*
2b) Conference record
3) Best win-loss record in common games
I doubt it goes beyond this lol

* Indicates tie breaker within the division
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 1, 2023 at 7:55 AM ]
  • thl408
this has to be done...

Good thread idea. It could come down to the wire. Let's see which oddball team we have to root for (ex: Cowboys)
As much as I hate the eagles, I was actually rooting for them last night as it would have benefitted the niners. But in reality, I don't think the commanders will be a threat at the end of the season.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
As much as I hate the eagles, I was actually rooting for them last night as it would have benefitted the niners. But in reality, I don't think the commanders will be a threat at the end of the season.

hopefully. The Niners have to win the games they're supposed to just to get in at this point
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Commanders are not very good, but it was an In Division game which always gets wacky.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Commanders are not very good, but it was an In Division game which always gets wacky.

I disagree in the sense Chase Young is basically back is my understanding. The front of their D if filthy. McLaurin and Samuel give em enough juice on offense. I would rather face the Giants than WAS.
We are easily a playoff team. That is the peak for us this year.
Yea it's gonna be tough down the stretch. can't afford to lose anymore NFC games. Hopefully they win the division and don't have to be in any weird 3 way ties at the end of the season.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 15, 2022 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
We are easily a playoff team. That is the peak for us this year.

Don't be a negative nancy. We can beat Philly in Philly Heinicke just did it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I disagree in the sense Chase Young is basically back is my understanding. The front of their D if filthy. McLaurin and Samuel give em enough juice on offense. I would rather face the Giants than WAS.

The team really is better with Heinekin than Wentz. Wentz sucks so much.

The Eagles are the only team that "scare" me. And even still, I think we can beat them.

Its really just a couple AFC teams that I dont have confidence we can beat.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 15, 2022 at 10:46 AM ]
We need to beat the Seahawks and be #3. Which I think we can. Cousins folds in the playoffs so they get bounced out. We can beat the Eagles. I don't think they are as good as their record at all. I also don't think the NFC East is generally as good as they are portraying it as.
NFC kinda is weak and wide open

The true contenders

Eagles
Cowboys
Vikings
49ers

everyone else - pretender

Bucs will probably rise up to contender ranks if they figure out the run game on the bye.. plus they have THAT GUY
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
NFC kinda is weak and wide open

The true contenders

Eagles
Cowboys
Vikings
49ers

everyone else - pretender

Bucs will probably rise up to contender ranks if they figure out the run game on the bye.. plus they have THAT GUY

i disagree about the Bucs they have a horrible OL the seahawks dont have a great pass rush (their secondary is good) and were not able to take advantage
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need to beat the Seahawks and be #3. Which I think we can. Cousins folds in the playoffs so they get bounced out. We can beat the Eagles. I don't think they are as good as their record at all. I also don't think the NFC East is generally as good as they are portraying it as.

im looking at the #3 seed as well i don't think we can catch the #2 seed although it isnt impossible ( we are 3 games behind) we would have to win out and honestly i think we lose 2 more games in season

I would be very happy with #3 seed will host at least 1 maybe 2 playoff games.
Share 49ersWebzone