LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

2022 Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we have a great shot at making the playoffs and winning a game or two. I'm a little hesitant to think that we could win a NFCCG against the Eagles or a SB against a team like the Bills or Chiefs. But I could also see the Niners getting a combo of healthy and hot at the right time and giving any team a run for their money.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Seahawks look like they may only lose 3 more games:

Chiefs
Niners
Jets?
Rams twice?

They will beat the Panthers and nasty Raiders, they'll likely end up 9-8 or 10-7.

If niners can beat the seahwaks and finish 10- 7, that should get them the division I think.

I had us at 12-5 before the season started and will be sticking with it. Philly has a rough 2nd half to their season, but I still don't see them or Minny losing 4 more games. I'll take 12-5, #3 seed and a home playoff game vs the Giants to open the 2022 postseason.
We have all pros up and down the roster no one wants to face us come Jan
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mattster03:
I think we have a great shot at making the playoffs and winning a game or two. I'm a little hesitant to think that we could win a NFCCG against the Eagles or a SB against a team like the Bills or Chiefs. But I could also see the Niners getting a combo of healthy and hot at the right time and giving any team a run for their money.

KC or Buffalo will give us 5-3 in SBs. No thanks
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We are about to regain the division lead on Monday night and not let it go from then on out.

We better! No excuses. For any crowd.
I had SF 10-7 to start the season and that still feels right to me.
The first third of the second half are all winnable: Chargers (won), at Cardinals, Saints.
The middle third could be toss ups: Miami, TB, at Seattle.
The last third are all winnable: Washington, at LV, Cardinals.

The Seattle game will probably determine the NFC West.

For more great Niner talk, check out: 49ers+ Podcast
Although they don't look it now, the one only team I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs if they get their s**t together is Tampa. They can get healthy at the right time and I never bet against Brady in the playoffs. And you know he wants to give one final FU to Giselle
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 19, 2022 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by mattster03:

KC or Buffalo will give us 5-3 in SBs. No thanks

If we get Armstead back and everyone is healthy all bets are off. These 2 teams do not worry me. Buffalo has been losing to everyone lately, and Reid will have to think of a new wrinkle on offense to confuse Bosa and the D-line. Noway Demeco and Co. get fooled twice.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We are about to regain the division lead on Monday night and not let it go from then on out.

I can live with that.

It begins on Monday night against a division opponent who has been a tough cookie to crack lately. I can see us coming out with a pass centric gameplan to open up the run game later on. Just like you want to see. I love the executive decision to practice a few days in the cold, high altitude of colorado to prepare for this game. Mexico city maybe at a higher altitude but cold it will not be. Cold air is just as rough on the respiratory system as the thinner air of higher altitudes. If the cardinals have not prepared as much as we have for these game time conditions, we just might make quick work of these guys.

I can live with that.

It begins on Monday night against a division opponent who has been a tough cookie to crack lately. I can see us coming out with a pass centric gameplan to open up the run game later on. Just like you want to see. I love the executive decision to practice a few days in the cold, high altitude of colorado to prepare for this game. Mexico city maybe at a higher altitude but cold it will not be. Cold air is just as rough on the respiratory system as the thinner air of higher altitudes. If the cardinals have not prepared as much as we have for these game time conditions, we just might make quick work of these guys.

Mexico isn't going to be cold, and it takes a lot longer than a couple days to acclimate to high altitude. Kyle baffles me sometimes. He still doesn't have the team practice with wet balls to prepare for rainy games, but thinks this is going to somehow help prepare the team?

I can live with that.

I do! But only because that's where we've found the most success of the two options. But, like last week, if it's not working, I'd just as much want Kyle to pivot to the run game. Just don't beat your head against the wall. We have too much talent to play any style we want. No need to be ultra conservative, vanilla and predictable anymore. Go for it. And be ready to pivot just in case. Details.

I feel really good about this game.

I originally said this was a top 7 roster and #1 with depth. Then they added CMC. That pushes us to top 5 to me. Our talent alone will keep us in any game minus a team like KC (play calling) and Atlanta (can run our formula just as well as we can).

You just said Jimmy is a split of two players -- "Good Jimmy" & "Bad Jimmy" -- and always will be.

Not that I believe this rhetoric, but is that not a built in excuse?
Originally posted by ritz126:
With over half the season over i thought it would be a good idea to start looking at playoff picture

NFC Playoff Picture:
#1 Eagles 8-1 (5-1)
#2 Vikings 8-1 (6-1)
#3 Seahawks 6-4 (2-1)*
#4 Buccaneers 5-5 (5-2)
#5 NY Giants 7-2 (3-2)
#6 Cowboys 6-3 (5-3)
#7 49ers 5-4 (4-2), (3-0)*
----------------------
#8 Commanders 5-5 (3-4)

Wait. I am confused. How are the SeaMaggots the #3 seed on this list and the NY Giants are #5? Is it due to the Eagles? Based on record alone, the Giants should be ranked higher than the Maggots. I understand that Seattle is the NFC West leader, but overall record has to count for something.

Vikings scare me the most out of all teams on this list. They are GOOD and LUCKY. Which is a dangerous combination.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ritz126:
With over half the season over i thought it would be a good idea to start looking at playoff picture

NFC Playoff Picture:
#1 Eagles 8-1 (5-1)
#2 Vikings 8-1 (6-1)
#3 Seahawks 6-4 (2-1)*
#4 Buccaneers 5-5 (5-2)
#5 NY Giants 7-2 (3-2)
#6 Cowboys 6-3 (5-3)
#7 49ers 5-4 (4-2), (3-0)*
----------------------
#8 Commanders 5-5 (3-4)

Wait. I am confused. How are the SeaMaggots the #3 seed on this list and the NY Giants are #5? Is it due to the Eagles? Based on record alone, the Giants should be ranked higher than the Maggots. I understand that Seattle is the NFC West leader, but overall record has to count for something.

Vikings scare me the most out of all teams on this list. They are GOOD and LUCKY. Which is a dangerous combination.

Eagles win the division. Division winners get seeds 1 to 4. Wild cards get 5-7. Giants have best record of all wild card teams. We have the worst.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

I can live with that.

Mexico isn't going to be cold, and it takes a lot longer than a couple days to acclimate to high altitude. Kyle baffles me sometimes. He still doesn't have the team practice with wet balls to prepare for rainy games, but thinks this is going to somehow help prepare the team?

I know it isn't going to be cold in Mexico. I stated that in my post. I was speaking how the cold in Colorado should further condition their lungs in preparation for the game. If they can handle the cold, thin air in Colorado than they should be able to handle the warmer weather but higher altitude in Mexico just fine. If they didn't think it would help make the transition, they would have never gone out of their way to practice in Colorado in preparation for the game.
Share 49ersWebzone