There are 177 users in the forums

S Tashaun Gipson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice depth signing
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by thl408:
Maybe the 49ers aren't content with Odum and/or TMoore. Gipson has been around the block and has been in many schemes. He should pick things up quickly.
Or, this pickup is for a fresh body to play the final preseason game.

I don't think they're content with Moore at all.

Or Dontae Johnson behind them.

Lombardi said Gipson was practicing with the second team and that Moore was also exclusively with the second team during today's practice. This means Odum is most likely the starter next to Huf to open the season.
I thought Gipson would have a chance to make the team but maybe he's just here to play the second half of the HOU preseason game. Dontae and Hawkins are the other safeties with Dontae having position flexibility.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I really doubt Gipson makes the team, if anything they'll cut him and re-sign him after week 1.
The only "senior" player at S is Jimmie Ward...and he's hurt. Gipson's seen a lot and can help in a couple of ways. First, his experience will be vital as long as Ward's out. Secondly, he can help the youngsters by being a good mentor. Worthy signing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The only "senior" player at S is Jimmie Ward...and he's hurt. Gipson's seen a lot and can help in a couple of ways. First, his experience will be vital as long as Ward's out. Secondly, he can help the youngsters by being a good mentor. Worthy signing.

agree times infinity
And ppl say we don't sign big name FAs
Maybe the 49ers aren't content with Odum and/or TMoore. Gipson has been around the block and has been in many schemes. He should pick things up quickly.

Lombardi said Gipson was practicing with the second team and that Moore was also exclusively with the second team during today's practice. This means Odum is most likely the starter next to Huf to open the season.
I thought Gipson would have a chance to make the team but maybe he's just here to play the second half of the HOU preseason game. Dontae and Hawkins are the other safeties with Dontae having position flexibility.

Yeah we'll have to see how it plays out because Dontae Johnson has cracked ribs and I believe it was Biderman who said he's really sore...maybe JLC. And he's the kind you can cut and bring back anytime.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
And ppl say we don't sign big name FAs

LOL.
  • thl408

Yeah we'll have to see how it plays out because Dontae Johnson has cracked ribs and I believe it was Biderman who said he's really sore...maybe JLC. And he's the kind you can cut and bring back anytime.

I'm really interested with what the team thinks of Moore. Does Gipson actually have a shot at a roster spot here, or was he signed solely to get through this final preseason game while not having to play the safeties that have already made the roster? I would not play Huf at all vs HOU. One bad break and it could be Odum and Moore starting at safety - not good imo.
Some of the posts in this thread are pretty funny considering how solid he has been. Not bad for a guy we picked up in late August.

This is the biggest surprise so far. He has been incredible all things considered. You latch on in late August and are one of the main cogs for the best defense in the league.
Turns out he's real solid in the role he's being asked to play in this defense in covering the deeper open space, a great compliment to Huff being in the middle or close to the line.
Hilarious reading through this thread. Easy to separate people that do and do not know WTF they talking about
[ Edited by 49ers808 on Oct 4, 2022 at 10:27 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Turns out he's real solid in the role he's being asked to play in this defense in covering the deeper open space, a great compliment to Huff being in the middle or close to the line.

Yeah, he's very solid... not a superstar but a good match to Huf's skillset.
My guess is that hamstring tear was pretty bad. Ward might start the year on I.R.

Thanks NC for thinking worst case scenario.

I'll take full blame for this. My bad. But I gave you Gipson so you're welcome. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone