Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Since07:
Jimmy Garoppolo

Ohhhhhh, you went there. LOL
He has to beat out Darnold first

Haha!
Break = Injury

If we could be just 16th in injuries, who knows how far this team could go. Might have several breakout players.
Break = Injury

If we could be just 16th in injuries, who knows how far this team could go. Might have several breakout players.

Damn that hit hard, feels like we lose 2+ star / crucial players every season for the last decade. Maybe that's the normal but just last year we lost Mostert, Greenlaw and Verret right off the bat.
Break = Injury

Damn that hit hard, feels like we lose 2+ star / crucial players every season for the last decade. Maybe that's the normal but just last year we lost Mostert, Greenlaw and Verret right off the bat.

And the worst part is you lose so much momentum to be in position to be a breakout player because of those injuries.

An example is Jimmie Ward who every single off season he was rehabbing a new injury in order to be in position to play in season and gets hurt again. Only the last couple years has he been able to just play football and get in football shape in the off season vs. rehabbing.
1. Trey Lance
2. Brandon Aiyuk
3. Tarvarius Moore
4. Talanoa Hufunga
5. Jason Poe
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Force_Choke:
E. Moseley. C'mon bruh.. I've been in your corner since rocky top.. this is the year

If he can stay healthy I see no reason why he can't have a big time pro-bowl type season. With how physical he plays, especially supporting the run I think he may find it difficult to play through a 17+ game season.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Shifty:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Aaron banks and jaylon moore

Honorable mention: George kittle

I certainly hope Banks and Moore take a leap forward

Same here, I have them as the LG & RG for 2022, respectively.

I have Brunskill starting at RG (assuming Mack does return for 2022). Either way having excellent depth is key for any run to the superbowl.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
1. Trey Lance
2. Brandon Aiyuk
3. Tarvarius Moore
4. Talanoa Hufunga
5. Jason Poe

Lance and Aiyuk should be considered favourites to have a breakout season this year. Who knows though, maybe Kinlaw and Banks will surprise us too.

I like all the guys suggested, but what if , not just a couple, but half a dozen have break out yrs (and it is possible with Aiyuk, Azeez, Banks, Jaylon Moore, Tarvarius, Huf) but ALSO guys like POE, maybe West, our new bookend EDGE, and maybe either our new RB or WR. What if we just have a flood of talent and we get TWO handfuls of breakouts….it's not that wild an idea in that Azeez and Aiyuk have already proven it to me. Jay moore also. But we could have a couple rd 6-7 or UDFAs not only make the squad but have break out yrs, besides.

Given that we really had only space for 4-5 additional guys on the squad, and then we loaded up at OL, EDGE, and CB/S….hey , we could see a bunch of guys have breakout yrs. Whoever does make it will have some very good talent playing right beside him…or around him, in the case of Trey.

I cannot express how excited i am still just at the beginning of PS. (Ok, OTAs). We are definitely forcing some borderline OLs out and bringing in new and better blood. Same at DBs, and even wiht loss of DJJones, et al on DL, we have some really nice guys in the wings that i can't wait to see them play.

This is strongest i have felt our team this early in many a yr. There is just so much really good competition at virtually all slots, that it is inconceivable to me that we don't have a substantially better team this yr than last.

Dont' expect this early on with Trey getting acclimated as starter. But he has a really good cast to work with, and overall, this team just has to be better than Last yr, esp at OL, DB, EDGE, with more than just a couple guys having breakout yrs.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ambry

Top of my list
Aaron banks will be the best o line man on the team in 2022.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Aaron banks will be the best o line man on the team in 2022.

TIL Aaron Banks was traded to Pittsburg.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Break = Injury

And the worst part is you lose so much momentum to be in position to be a breakout player because of those injuries.

An example is Jimmie Ward who every single off season he was rehabbing a new injury in order to be in position to play in season and gets hurt again. Only the last couple years has he been able to just play football and get in football shape in the off season vs. rehabbing.

Ouch ouch! That did hit hard.

I'm going to also pay attention to injuries this year. Last year it felt like they had fewer injuries than the year before, and I hope it's the beginning of a downward trend. But yea, Injuries will always play a big factor on this team. That's why I like so much of the depth picks the 49ers did this year - at DLine, Running back, OLine, and WR. I think those four positions are where we always have injury issues.
Share 49ersWebzone