LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Breakout Players for the 2022 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Who do you guys think will be the Players who breakout this upcoming season? Similar to Kittle in 2018, Fred Warner in 2019 and Deebo last season

I'm looking at Dre Greenlaw (if he can stay healthy), Brandon Aiyuk (with Lance airing it out more presumably, also being in the lineup consistently from week 1), Samson Ebukam (finished 2021 very strong), Ambry Thomas and Javon Kinlaw (have shown flashes and still are young and have a ton of potential).

I brought this up on my YouTube Channel (video below) and I wanted to get the webzone's thoughts on this topic.

(Truly appreciate the support for the Channel from the webzone! As a poster here for 15 years it's awesome to have you guys check it out!)

I like your picks a lot. I'm on board with Kinlaw and especially Brandon Aiyuk. It's unfortunate we're going to have to get rid of either Greenlaw or Al Shaair next year because we can't keep three linebackers that are that good with the salary cap especially paying other positions top dollar and those 2 LBs contracts ending.

I think people don't realize Brandon Aiyuk, if he got more targets or wasn't in the doghouse for the first six or so games he would've had over 1000 yards easily and definitely over 10 tds. So essentially we would of had 2 1000 yard 10 td wrs

Lance already has a connection with Brandon and people may not know that 3 of Deebo Samuels six receiving touchdowns were from Lance. That was only in the 3 1/2 games that he played which is way way better than Jimmy G.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I do think Aiyuk could very well have a better year receiving than Deebo in 2022. Im expecting big things for sure.

I agree it's going to be a bummer to lose either Greenlaw or Al-Shaair after this season. Positive is we should ultimately get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for it.

If Kinlaw stays healthy I really hope he can live up to where we drafted him. DJ Jones leaving was a big loss that hopefully Kinlaw can fill in for
Yea I agree Aiyuk

My bold prediction. Mike. McGlinchey
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
Yea I agree Aiyuk

My bold prediction. Mike. McGlinchey

That is a bold prediction. He's in a contract year so he will go all out this year I bet.
Trey Lance

All of the receivers will improve now that they have a real QB throwing to them, but Aiyuk will benefit the most.
Wishnowsky
Originally posted by Shifty:
I do think Aiyuk could very well have a better year receiving than Deebo in 2022. Im expecting big things for sure.

I agree it's going to be a bummer to lose either Greenlaw or Al-Shaair after this season. Positive is we should ultimately get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for it.

If Kinlaw stays healthy I really hope he can live up to where we drafted him. DJ Jones leaving was a big loss that hopefully Kinlaw can fill in for

Even if he's not as good as DJ Jones the drop off won't be that bad. 2 reasons:
1. Kinlaw was solid vs the run and was a rock in the middle of the line. So our run D may go from top 3 to top 10 at worst.
2. DJ Jones was not great until year 3. Also, Jones isn't a great pass rusher and so far neither is Kinlaw. However this is Kinlaw's third year and he said this is the healthiest he's ever been since college.
I know it's his 1st year on the niners but I've been a fan of Turay since college, he's a better all around player then Arden Key IMO and Key had his best season in this scheme, I expect the same for Turay, a lot of comp to get on the field but I think he'll start the season as the 3rd DE behind Bosa and Ebukam assuming Ford is hurt
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Completely agree with you on Aiyuk. Also think Kinlaw can have a big year but health is a major concern. Not 100% sure if Ebukam is on the roster this season (could be a cap causality if Jimmy is on the roster during training camp). If Alex Mack retired that may change things. Currently we can't even sign our draft picks.

Aaron banks and jaylon moore

Honorable mention: George kittle
[ Edited by pdizo916 on May 16, 2022 at 5:59 AM ]
Ambry
Greenlaw makes sense as this will be his contract year. He'll want to secure the bag like Kwon did with us in 2019.
  • thl408
Al Shaair
Aiyuk
Share 49ersWebzone