LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 194 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
History repeating itself, and every team passed on him….only for him to replace the starter after sitting a year and become the next Tom Brady. Ok, I can dream, can't I?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i can see him pushing nate to number three despite his two million dollars. of course i am assuming jimmy and his 27 million dollar anchor around our neck is gone
Originally posted by cciowa:
i can see him pushing nate to number three despite his two million dollars. of course i am assuming jimmy and his 27 million dollar anchor around our neck is gone

Would be hard to push Nate. Nate's been in the league for years and in our offense as well. Purdy will have limited months and snaps to push anyone. Probably looking at a release and PS situation, unless we like him so much we carry 3 QBs..

Saw some of Purdy at Iowa State and was impressed - glad the Niners took him where they did and hopefully he can pan out as a backup on this team. I'm thinking he can be better than some of the backups this team has had in recent years like Mullens & Beathard. I liked the Purdy-to-Kolar connection and was hoping the Niners would draft Kolar to pair w/ Kittle at TE.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Saw some of Purdy at Iowa State and was impressed - glad the Niners took him where they did and hopefully he can pan out as a backup on this team. I'm thinking he can be better than some of the backups this team has had in recent years like Mullens & Beathard. I liked the Purdy-to-Kolar connection and was hoping the Niners would draft Kolar to pair w/ Kittle at TE.

i agree, he and nate are better than nick and cj.. the guy can run and make guys miss.. that is college of course,... then he gets stripped , fumbles and.. throws picks.. the guy has played a ton of football and was lucky to have good weapons. but yes... good value for the last pick in my opinion..
[ Edited by cciowa on May 2, 2022 at 3:43 PM ]

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Both those Purdy funny
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Would be hard to push Nate. Nate's been in the league for years and in our offense as well. Purdy will have limited months and snaps to push anyone. Probably looking at a release and PS situation, unless we like him so much we carry 3 QBs..

Agree with you. Sudfeld will be #2 for this year and PS for Purdy. However, I think next year, potentially Purdy should be able to beat Sudfeld for the #2 spot -- if he picks up the offense and does a Nick Mullens quantum improvment and beats Sudfeld in 2024 preseason.
Nick Mullins 2.0
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Nick Mullins 2.0

I also see some Jimmy, pre knee injury, in him.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Nick Mullins 2.0

insult to brock
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
brock has a very hot mom
From what I've seen of him, I believe Purdy can become a quality NFL backup where the drop off isn't nearly as great as it was with Mullens & Beathard. Hoping this turns out true.
Good practice squad qb. With all due respect I don't want to see him on the field at all unless for preseason or garbage time.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
our version of Jason Garrett.. that's G-A-double R, E, double T !!!
Share 49ersWebzone