Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 589 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Miami's defense is so young and inexperienced, Kyle is going to have those guys spinning in circles.

You gotta think kyle can fool these dudes easily with guys running wide open downfield

Id imagine Kyle is going to do a ton of shifting and sliding, as he did against the rams, to throw off Miami's defense. This game should have a ton of big plays and broken coverages, in our favor.

I think 11 of the players played their first nfl game last week. They have a ton of UDFA. Should be a relatively easy game if the boys stay focused and take it serious.
  • BP13
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,630
Should be a solid win, a Purdy 30. I'm thinking 31-13. Kyle isn't a child like Ben Johnson and doesn't run up the score, so I think we just dominate the game, TOP, etc etc. Should be the easiest game on our schedule.
edit, oops thought this was week 2 thread.
[ Edited by BP13 on Sep 18, 2026 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by FL9r:
Love Brock but people thinking he is anywhere near Josh Allen have terminal homeritis. 100 out 100 GMs will take Josh over Brock. As a niner fan I would take Josh and never look back. We can love our qb but let's be serious
Sure if you want to stat pad against horrible teams

lol brother he just dropped a 2/2 TD game against one of the best defenses in the league week 1 including the game winning TD with under 2 minutes left on the road.

As I said, we can give Brock his praise for what he's accomplished without putting down other QBs. It looks extra silly given how Josh Allen has played so far.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by FL9r:
Love Brock but people thinking he is anywhere near Josh Allen have terminal homeritis. 100 out 100 GMs will take Josh over Brock. As a niner fan I would take Josh and never look back. We can love our qb but let's be serious
Sure if you want to stat pad against horrible teams

lol brother he just dropped a 2/2 TD game against one of the best defenses in the league week 1 including the game winning TD with under 2 minutes left on the road.

As I said, we can give Brock his praise for what he's accomplished without putting down other QBs. It looks extra silly given how Josh Allen has played so far.

Allen has 10 games now with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The next closest is Steve Young with 4. That's a pretty big gap. I noticed last night that Allen doesn't seem to always have that easy pass when he's under stress. He has to try and find someone or just outrun the pass rusher. Kyle's offense always seems to have someone open short for those dump offs when the QB is rushed. CMC or a TE in the flat. Someone is almost always open.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 18, 2026 at 9:21 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Allen has 10 games now with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The next closest is Steve Young with 4. That's a pretty big gap. I noticed last night that Allen doesn't seem to always have that easy pass when he's under stress. He has to try and find someone or just outrun the pass rusher. Kyle's offense always seems to have someone open short for those dump offs when the QB is rushed. CMC or a TE in the flat. Someone is almost always open.

True but that OL of his....Purdy has never had anything close to it. So it kinda balances out imo
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Allen has 10 games now with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The next closest is Steve Young with 4. That's a pretty big gap. I noticed last night that Allen doesn't seem to always have that easy pass when he's under stress. He has to try and find someone or just outrun the pass rusher. Kyle's offense always seems to have someone open short for those dump offs when the QB is rushed. CMC or a TE in the flat. Someone is almost always open.

True but that OL of his....Purdy has never had anything close to it. So it kinda balances out imo

The line may be a little better but Allen doesn't have good WRs. The Niners have much better receivers including TE. Even with the good O line Allen was forced to move lot because nobody was open downfield.
Miami is young but that means they could have some really good games when they correct something.

I'm a huge fan of LB Jacob Rodriguez. He was very good last week. He is much like Fred and is elite at hunting the ball.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,461
Originally posted by FL9r:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by FL9r:
Love Brock but people thinking he is anywhere near Josh Allen have terminal homeritis. 100 out 100 GMs will take Josh over Brock. As a niner fan I would take Josh and never look back. We can love our qb but let's be serious

100 out of 100 GMs in the 80s woulda taken Marino over Montana, Manning over Brady in the '00s… who cares

Agreed ,meaningless but based on actual performance not speculation Josh is the better athlete and qb. That's was my point. I just wanted to keep it honest. You put Josh on this team and we are polishing trophies for years to come. Then again, with our injuries we probably wouldn't.

Steve Young was the penultimate athlete - good arm good mobility, in a word Athletic. Who won more Superbowls? A spindly QB that looked like a kicker - named Joe. The fact that your QB is an athlete is important, but the QB's job is more neck up than neck down.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,079
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Allen has 10 games now with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The next closest is Steve Young with 4. That's a pretty big gap. I noticed last night that Allen doesn't seem to always have that easy pass when he's under stress. He has to try and find someone or just outrun the pass rusher. Kyle's offense always seems to have someone open short for those dump offs when the QB is rushed. CMC or a TE in the flat. Someone is almost always open.

True but that OL of his....Purdy has never had anything close to it. So it kinda balances out imo

The line may be a little better but Allen doesn't have good WRs. The Niners have much better receivers including TE. Even with the good O line Allen was forced to move lot because nobody was open downfield.

Allen has DJ Moore and Pro Bowl TE Dalton Kincaid, not to mention All-Pro James Cook. Lets not act like these are chumps. And why is it, when Purdy has good players around him, it's the supporting cast the reason Purdy is good. And when a QB like Allen has good players around him, it's all Allen? lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Allen has 10 games now with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The next closest is Steve Young with 4. That's a pretty big gap. I noticed last night that Allen doesn't seem to always have that easy pass when he's under stress. He has to try and find someone or just outrun the pass rusher. Kyle's offense always seems to have someone open short for those dump offs when the QB is rushed. CMC or a TE in the flat. Someone is almost always open.

True but that OL of his....Purdy has never had anything close to it. So it kinda balances out imo

The line may be a little better but Allen doesn't have good WRs. The Niners have much better receivers including TE. Even with the good O line Allen was forced to move lot because nobody was open downfield.

Allen has DJ Moore and Pro Bowl TE Dalton Kincaid, not to mention All-Pro James Cook. Lets not act like these are chumps. And why is it, when Purdy has good players around him, it's the supporting cast the reason Purdy is good. And when a QB like Allen has good players around him, it's all Allen? lol

Allen has put up big numbers with guys like Shakir, Gabe Davis and is making Josh Palmer look dangerous. He can put up numbers with anyone at this point. Like ANY QB, the better the skill players the better the results.

Reality is Allen will never get to show what he could do or couldn't do playing with Shanahan(at least we better hope not) so Brock is our guy and we should hope he's turning Kyle's offense with whomever we have out there into a great offense that helps us win lots of football games. So far he's done that.

Personally I'm going to appreciate what Josh Allen is doing but I won't worry about him until we have to play him. I'd love to see us play him this season.
Originally posted by genus49:
Yes because of his size and his arm strength. I don't need to provide examples because you know what I'm talking about. Allen has also been considerably more durable while playing. Something we need Brock to do as well.

My post wasn't a knock on Brock btw, simply pointing out the fact that Josh has tools Brock simply doesn't have and there really shouldn't be a "show me examples" situation. Let's get real.

I didn't see it as knock on Brock. I mean, Allen and Brock are built differently for sure, both great at what they are given physically. I wouldn't say Allen is considerably more durable. Just different kinds of injuries for each qb. I think what I was addressing initially, is that I wouldn't be so fast to pick Allen over Brock.

But anyway lol, Josh looked pretty great last night, Goff looks confused and looking for a lost puppy-or something-out there lol

Originally posted by tankle104:
To say the least. lol

They're actually 2 of the best QBs in the NFL. Where are they ranked? that's subjective, but they're both damn good QBs that most teams would kill to have.

I would love a Niners/Bills SB.

Is this the year?
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 18, 2026 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
I didn't see it as knock on Brock. I mean, Allen and Brock are built differently for sure, both great at what they are given physically. I wouldn't say Allen is considerably more durable. Just different kinds of injuries for each qb. I think what I was addressing initially, is that I wouldn't be so fast to pick Allen over Brock.

But anyway lol, Josh looked pretty great last night, Goff looks confused and looking for a lost puppy-or something-out there lol

I would love a Niners/Bills SB.

Is this the year?

Would prefer a team like last year's Pats, lol.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Brock vs Allen for the league MVP this year. it'll be a fun ride to see how it plays out. We are going to start 7-0 going into the bye week. it's going to be a beautiful thing.

Here's hoping! Though I'll gladly trade league MVP for Brock winning SB MVP.

If it's Bills and Niners in SB ima travel to Sofi, in that s**tty LA neighborhood and tailgate my ass off.
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 18, 2026 at 11:02 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,461
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Allen has 10 games now with 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The next closest is Steve Young with 4. That's a pretty big gap. I noticed last night that Allen doesn't seem to always have that easy pass when he's under stress. He has to try and find someone or just outrun the pass rusher. Kyle's offense always seems to have someone open short for those dump offs when the QB is rushed. CMC or a TE in the flat. Someone is almost always open.

True but that OL of his....Purdy has never had anything close to it. So it kinda balances out imo

The line may be a little better but Allen doesn't have good WRs. The Niners have much better receivers including TE. Even with the good O line Allen was forced to move lot because nobody was open downfield.

Allen has DJ Moore and Pro Bowl TE Dalton Kincaid, not to mention All-Pro James Cook. Lets not act like these are chumps. And why is it, when Purdy has good players around him, it's the supporting cast the reason Purdy is good. And when a QB like Allen has good players around him, it's all Allen? lol

Allen has put up big numbers with guys like Shakir, Gabe Davis and is making Josh Palmer look dangerous. He can put up numbers with anyone at this point. Like ANY QB, the better the skill players the better the results.

Reality is Allen will never get to show what he could do or couldn't do playing with Shanahan(at least we better hope not) so Brock is our guy and we should hope he's turning Kyle's offense with whomever we have out there into a great offense that helps us win lots of football games. So far he's done that.

Personally I'm going to appreciate what Josh Allen is doing but I won't worry about him until we have to play him. I'd love to see us play him this season.

For me it's wins and losses - because a QB affects the whole teams performance. So, just focusing on the post season - Brock's winning percentage in the post season is a bit better than Josh Allen's. That's the difference (for me) between Josh and Brock. As the good 49er fans here have said, both QB's are elite, but when it counts, it seems that Brock is better.
Originally posted by Giedi:
For me it's wins and losses - because a QB affects the whole teams performance. So, just focusing on the post season - Brock's winning percentage in the post season is a bit better than Josh Allen's. That's the difference (for me) between Josh and Brock. As the good 49er fans here have said, both QB's are elite, but when it counts, it seems that Brock is better.

Now don't go and say that s**t!!!

For me, it's about what qb I would trust more when it's all on the line and you know what qb I would choose lol.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone