49ers QB Coach Brian Griese Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lmao...laughing..cant stop
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm sure Grease will give him some good pointers.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Nobody can handle the Griese Schlance offense.

Its 32% more slippery
  • fan49
  • Veteran
He was a very technically sound qb! No matter what that's an improvement. Not to mention he knows the whole offense
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 4, 2022 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Lol that's completely random but ok.

It's not really
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hahaha nice
betters than scangarello
Just as John Lynch went from broadcasting to becoming a GM, I believe this is an excellent hire. Griese's a stickler for the details, and his time as a college and most recently NFL analyst on Mon Night Football give him a unique perspective. Happy for him and the positive effect he'll have on Trey. As for Beck, he'd be foolish to sign with any team...he's arguably making very good money as a freelance coach. He's not tied down to the grueling schedule NFL coaches face every season.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Just as John Lynch went from broadcasting to becoming a GM, I believe this is an excellent hire. Griese's a stickler for the details, and his time as a college and most recently NFL analyst on Mon Night Football give him a unique perspective. Happy for him and the positive effect he'll have on Trey. As for Beck, he'd be foolish to sign with any team...he's arguably making very good money as a freelance coach. He's not tied down to the grueling schedule NFL coaches face every season.

I'm indifferent with the hire. I don't know anything on Griese to say he knows how to do the job or not. I know he's played the position for a decade and it wasn't because he was some elite prospect. I'll bet money Mike shanahan had some input on this saying he thought he would be an amazing qb coach or whatever.

I thought scangarello was a below avg QB coach, so we will see what Griese can do.

as far as Beck, we're getting his coaching right now which is good. FWIW he was the NYJ offensive assistant this past season.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 4, 2022 at 8:09 PM ]
I liked his commentary, he didn't try to be outspoken or controversial. He knows the game. There may be more to this story than meets the eye. One thing for certain, he's taking a steep pay reduction taking the Niners job.

• q0c0p
  • Veteran
Meh. He was a mediocre qb but at least he is better than scan, hopefully.
Weird but cool
this reminds me of when we hired John Lynch, completely out of the blue

but we hired Lynch because Shanahan wanted him

maybe we're hiring Griese because Brady wants him?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol no coaching experience. Poor Lance
Griese has a tall task in front of him. I hope he doesn't give up.
Share 49ersWebzone