LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

49ers QB Coach Brian Griese Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What happened to the dude who was supposed to be coaching up trey offseason? Beck.

Honestly I think he might be making more money doing what he does with waaaaaay less hours put in and away from home then a QB coach
Where'd our budget go?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Probably a good move for Griese. He was about to lose the MNF job.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
What happened to the dude who was supposed to be coaching up trey offseason? Beck.

Honestly I think he might be making more money doing what he does with waaaaaay less hours put in and away from home then a QB coach

That and I believe if he becomes 49ers qb coach he would be restricted with how he interacts with Trey during the off-season
Originally posted by Jcool:
Probably a good move for Griese. He was about to lose the MNF job.

Let's hope he's a better coach than analyst
He's never coached quarterbacks though.

But he will be a yes man, so it's all good.

For what it's worth he's also played in this offense.
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

That and I believe if he becomes 49ers qb coach he would be restricted with how he interacts with Trey during the off-season

True good point. He's got regular clients that he would no longer be able to work with if he was a teams QB coach. Maybe a part of loyalty to them. Who knows though, he might have not even been talked too or offered the job to begin with
This is interesting. Wasn't he on the Broncos when Mike Shanahan was still the head coach there?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This is interesting. Wasn't he on the Broncos when Mike Shanahan was still the head coach there?

Look at the tweets posted lol.
This dude gets injured at parties. He's perfect for us and Lance!

Kind of love it honestly. An actual former quarterback who knows what it takes to play the position.
I like it
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kind of love it honestly. An actual former quarterback who knows what it takes to play the position.

Yes! And knows what the Shanahan's want in their qb
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yes! And knows what the Shanahan's want in their qb

Facts. While he was never a star or anything, Brian was a winner and even made a Pro Bowl. Hopefully he can come in with a fresh point of view and help not only Lance, but the entire quarterbacks room, as we don't know who will be behind Trey yet.
He was on one of the Broncos Super Bowl teams and was the starter under Mike for a couple seasons. Kyle knows him from being on the roster in Tampa Bay. He's a hall of famer's son and strikes me as the kind of guy who coaches love/is perfect in the film room, but is never a great starter. He has no coaching experience (as far as I know) but knows everything it takes to be a pro, and has plenty of experience in this offense. If he can communicate well, he will impart all of that knowledge to Trey and be fine.
[ Edited by Bigfishrider on Mar 4, 2022 at 6:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone