There are 91 users in the forums

Jason Poe, G, Mercer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
West might be a lock now. Good battle between Poe, McKivitz, Skule and Nick Zakelj.

Really hoping the new guys push guys like McKivitz and Skule down and/or off the roster. Skule did a decent job his rookie year stepping in, just not all that impressed with either guy .

I'm hoping these new younger kids can do just that, but I like McKivitz, he looked good week 18 at LT.

He was okay. He got abused on that last sack by Miller which at the time looked like it was a game sealing sack.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree and solid post Giedi!

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think Poe is too small to play O/L in the NFL. What do you guys think?

If you think he can play along the O/L who would he compare to size wise?

Second team All-Pro Shaq Mason

yep. Poe would just have to be 10lbs heavier to be the same exact size. It will all come down to how strong he can get and how much he can use his speed to overcome being smaller than the rushers he will go up against. Im not expecting anything from him first year, but i think he can be a starter down the road

I'm pretty excited as I like leverage over length personally.

I prefer girth personally and Poe's got it

Agree, and if he can stay injury free and keep developing - a possible all pro level play - in the future isn't out of the Question. I also like his versatility as a fullback a la Guy McIntyre. Specially on short yardage situations with Trey's mobility!
I heard on a pod he's not only the smallest OL, he's the smallest player on the team…even Hasty towers over him.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 31, 2022 at 9:14 PM ]
A 5'8 guy towers over a 6'1 guy?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
A 5'8 guy towers over a 6'1 guy?

For those who don't get it, we REALLY need to add a sarcasm emoji in here. LOL
Gotta love shameless bumps like these. Nonetheless...taller than Quantrezz if nothing else...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I heard on a pod he's not only the smallest OL, he's the smallest player on the team…even Hasty towers over him.

Walsh always liked short centers. Sapaoulu, Cross and Quillan weren't NBA Hight, for sure.

Personally, I think being short at center is a blessing. Easy for Lance to look over his head and see the receivers, also being a short center helps leverage against the DLinemen in blocking, or I would think, in pass protection sets. Hope to see him get in the game in pre-season. Hope hope!
He was the best or at least among the best pulling guards in college last year. His short arms are a bit of a problem but then again, so is Brunskill at everything
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
He was the best or at least among the best pulling guards in college last year. His short arms are a bit of a problem but then again, so is Brunskill at everything

I think the blocking angles at Center is different that out wide at the Tackle spots. You need arm length and foot quickness at the tackle spots to push speed rushers past the QB (for example), At the center position, the pass rushers are coming more at you than away from you. So arm length isn't a handicap, in a sense. I like Poe being very strong - rep 34 on the bench! He should be able to dominate most DT's one on one - once he gets up to NFL speed. That's going to be very big both in the run blocking and pass blocking in the future. An offense that can control the defensive middle - has a big advantage run or pass.
so bust?

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
so bust?

Got owned by Robert Nkemdiche, he's a project dontvexpwct anything good from him this year if ever
The guy is developmental for sure.

it'll be interesting to see how he improves and how fast.

i hope he's doing wheel routes out there
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

i hope he's doing wheel routes out there

Don't forget the fullback lead blocks!
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think the blocking angles at Center is different that out wide at the Tackle spots. You need arm length and foot quickness at the tackle spots to push speed rushers past the QB (for example), At the center position, the pass rushers are coming more at you than away from you. So arm length isn't a handicap, in a sense. I like Poe being very strong - rep 34 on the bench! He should be able to dominate most DT's one on one - once he gets up to NFL speed. That's going to be very big both in the run blocking and pass blocking in the future. An offense that can control the defensive middle - has a big advantage run or pass.

I agree. Today he did great in 1 on 1's……"sexual chocolate!!!!! They play so fine don't you agree?"
Share 49ersWebzone