There are 220 users in the forums

Jason Poe, G, Mercer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
West might be a lock now. Good battle between Poe, McKivitz, Skule and Nick Zakelj.

Really hoping the new guys push guys like McKivitz and Skule down and/or off the roster. Skule did a decent job his rookie year stepping in, just not all that impressed with either guy .
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
West might be a lock now. Good battle between Poe, McKivitz, Skule and Nick Zakelj.

Really hoping the new guys push guys like McKivitz and Skule down and/or off the roster. Skule did a decent job his rookie year stepping in, just not all that impressed with either guy .

I absolutely love the depth and think we have really good competition there. So that would be a great sign as well.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Possibly, but I have a hard time calling an UDFA a lock, he & O'Neal have the best shots IMO, then Poe & Gemmel at making the 53.

True, true.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I don't think he left him hanging. KS knew but Mack waited until after June 1 to give cap relief. Classy move by Mack

Yeah I missed that prediction didn't I? Still reeling a bit. I really thought he was coming back. No really. As a typical entitled fan, I demand to know what the plan at C is. Flexing my inner Karen
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I thought Jake Brendell was going to save the day?!

what a mess

We've had at least two years to find a center and help build some stability along the O-Line.. the 9ers F.O must have known that Mack was gonna retire but choose to Ignore It. We can only hope that "Brendel" Is the answer, for now at least.

Four draftees, one of them a second round, is not ignoring the OLine. They have plenty of raw talent on the OLine this offseason. Now they have to plan for Trent Williams retirement. I'm betting next year they go OLine high in the draft again for that reason.
Brendel fly better be good. Now I sound like moon
I think Poe is too small to play O/L in the NFL. What do you guys think?

If you think he can play along the O/L who would he compare to size wise?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Second team All-Pro Shaq Mason
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

yep. Poe would just have to be 10lbs heavier to be the same exact size. It will all come down to how strong he can get and how much he can use his speed to overcome being smaller than the rushers he will go up against. Im not expecting anything from him first year, but i think he can be a starter down the road
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

yep. Poe would just have to be 10lbs heavier to be the same exact size. It will all come down to how strong he can get and how much he can use his speed to overcome being smaller than the rushers he will go up against. Im not expecting anything from him first year, but i think he can be a starter down the road

I'm pretty excited as I like leverage over length personally.

Originally posted by Giedi:

what a mess

We've had at least two years to find a center and help build some stability along the O-Line.. the 9ers F.O must have known that Mack was gonna retire but choose to Ignore It. We can only hope that "Brendel" Is the answer, for now at least.

Four draftees, one of them a second round, is not ignoring the OLine. They have plenty of raw talent on the OLine this offseason. Now they have to plan for Trent Williams retirement. I'm betting next year they go OLine high in the draft again for that reason.

Agree and solid post Giedi!

TWSS
Originally posted by Giedi:

what a mess

Trent Williams was pretty excited about your boy, Poe's get-off!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 7, 2022 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I'm hoping these new younger kids can do just that, but I like McKivitz, he looked good week 18 at LT.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I prefer girth personally and Poe's got it
Share 49ersWebzone