LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Jason Poe, G, Mercer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
You smart. Unlike NC who I hope keeps dropping every other McDonald's fry in the void between the seat belt buckle and his car seat.

That has happened to everyone; but yes it's coming for NC for that Poe comment

Bwahaha. That was so random but now I want McDonald's fries at 11PM suddenly!
I consider him a lock to make the roster this year . No way Lynch is gonna make Poe available again for any club (Seattle) to come snatch him up.

What has he actually done to make him a hot prospect for other teams to snatch up? He was in street clothes all last year on game day and didn't have a ton of reps in pre-season. Don't get me wrong, I think Jason Poe is a cool story and am glad he made the team last year. I suspect he will be looking at the practice squad again this year unless he really wows in camp. The addition of that kid Fisher as an UDFA complicates things as well since he played tackle in college which gives him more positional flexibility. We'll see what happens I guess.
We need the likes of Poe and Fisher as practice guys for Gravedigger, Armstead, and Bosa to keep their skills sharpened. If there's still any spots in the 90 man rosters, we should add more OL veterans for competition like Isaiah Wynn maybe.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I consider him a lock to make the roster this year . No way Lynch is gonna make Poe available again for any club (Seattle) to come snatch him up.

What has he actually done to make him a hot prospect for other teams to snatch up? He was in street clothes all last year on game day and didn't have a ton of reps in pre-season. Don't get me wrong, I think Jason Poe is a cool story and am glad he made the team last year. I suspect he will be looking at the practice squad again this year unless he really wows in camp. The addition of that kid Fisher as an UDFA complicates things as well since he played tackle in college which gives him more positional flexibility. We'll see what happens I guess.

I agree with this.

Some are gonna be a little disappointed when they see him on another team ( cough Seahawks cough )
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I agree with this.

Some are gonna be a little disappointed when they see him on another team ( cough Seahawks cough )

For reals though, if I'm being honest, I don't think Poe is a lock at all. He showed that he can pass block but his lack of length will still be an issue in run blocking, especially with zone concepts.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Fisher makes the team over Poe.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I agree with this.

For reals though, if I'm being honest, I don't think Poe is a lock at all. He showed that he can pass block but his lack of length will still be an issue in run blocking, especially with zone concepts.

I agree with this.

[ Edited by Waterbear on May 10, 2023 at 10:34 AM ]
This is my new favorite thread. I think I'll spend some more time in here.

I am hoping the last year he fine tuned technique to maximize his strength Then also improved his strength. His size will likely always leave him lacking a bit in strength, but if he can just slowly lose ground his athleticism could more than cover it.
I'm not saying how I know this but this is the only IOL who stonewalled Hargrave at practice. Pad level pad level pad level.

There was supposedly a report by the Athletic about him in practice? Would've love to hear a tidbit of this. Dude could not stay off the ground in the pre-season last year, so I'd love to hear if he's improved enough to push for a spot.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
There was supposedly a report by the Athletic about him in practice? Would've love to hear a tidbit of this. Dude could not stay off the ground in the pre-season last year, so I'd love to hear if he's improved enough to push for a spot.
he's now starting off the ground. only one way to go from there

waterbear is this good or what
The good news for Poe is that every backup OL looks like ass right now.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The good news for Poe is that every backup OL looks like ass right now.

The bad new for Poe is that the 49ers will be scanning the waiver wire at cut down day for IOL
Share 49ersWebzone