LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel & Trent Williams named 1st Team All-Pro!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol he's literally said nothing about politics in the NFL. Its just inferred by some people based on posts he liked in college. The politics crap has had zero impact since he's entered the league.

Is there a better explanation for how Crosby in particular got more votes? We already know at least one AP voter was going to vote based on off the field stuff with the Rodgers situation.

There are 50 writers who only get to vote twice when there are 4 players selected for the two teams.

All 50 voted for Watt, 29 voted for Garrett. Thst means 29 voters didn't even vote for Bosa v Crosby v Quinn.

The 2nd team was voted on by only 21 people who were in disagreement as to who was the second best Edge behind Watt.

Small sample size results in random outcomes. No idea what the result would have been if all 50 had to choose between just Crosby, Bosa or Quinn....but what I am saying is, the voting system is pretty s**t, and that's a more likely reason for Bosa missing out than political agendas.

Okay with Quinn getting. Crosby is a real wtf

And even once we take Quinn out the Bosa v Crosby comes down to only 12 people voting.

2nd team doesn't even have a RB because of the unanimous Taylor vote. Has 3 safeties too.

It's just a really dumb voting system to give people 2 votes to select 4 players.

It jopens itself up to have bias, agendas, stats, randomness alter the second team because all the voters are really doing is voting on the 1st team and nothing else.
lol he's literally said nothing about politics in the NFL. Its just inferred by some people based on posts he liked in college. The politics crap has had zero impact since he's entered the league.

Is there a better explanation for how Crosby in particular got more votes? We already know at least one AP voter was going to vote based on off the field stuff with the Rodgers situation.

There are 50 writers who only get to vote twice when there are 4 players selected for the two teams.

All 50 voted for Watt, 29 voted for Garrett. Thst means 29 voters didn't even vote for Bosa v Crosby v Quinn.

The 2nd team was voted on by only 21 people who were in disagreement as to who was the second best Edge behind Watt.

Small sample size results in random outcomes. No idea what the result would have been if all 50 had to choose between just Crosby, Bosa or Quinn....but what I am saying is, the voting system is pretty s**t, and that's a more likely reason for Bosa missing out than political agendas.

Thats actually a pretty good explanation. One dude probably went cross eyed and mixed up Joey and Nick, that 1 vote sure counted too lol. I'm just shocked there was anyone considering Crosby in the same conversation as Bosa. I thought of him as a 2nd tier guy, and even then probably not in the top 6 overall of pass rushers.
  • thl408
Deebo about to take Jed's wallet.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Okay with Quinn getting. Crosby is a real wtf

And even once we take Quinn out the Bosa v Crosby comes down to only 12 people voting.

2nd team doesn't even have a RB because of the unanimous Taylor vote. Has 3 safeties too.

It's just a really dumb voting system to give people 2 votes to select 4 players.

It jopens itself up to have bias, agendas, stats, randomness alter the second team because all the voters are really doing is voting on the 1st team and nothing else.

Ya I had no idea that's how it worked. Good find, but that's really dumb. Can't believe players have been okay with this for that long, bc it's obviously costing some of them a lot of extra money.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
insane to think people picked Maxx Crosby and Robert Quinn ahead of Bosa.

Congrats to Deebo and Trent!!!

Quinn had a better year than Bosa. Believe it or not, other players exist outside of those in San Fran.

Quinn was held less, doubled less often, and won doubles at a lower rate. He had an easier time because defensive coordinator don't pay him as much respect. Teams plan their offense around Nick Bosa, chips, TE blocks, etc. He practically takes a receiver out of play so teams can contain him. Not too many guys get that level of attention.

Stop reading off PFF stats and watch more football. Quinn was just as dominant and finished the year stronger, hence, his recognition as an All-Pro. Bosa himself is impressed. You guys seriously need to stop being so biased. Can it be possible that despite Bosa's excellent season, Quinn's was just a bit better? Bosa only got five votes so that tells you most people agree.

I think Bosa deserved it, but not over Quinn. He should have made second team with Myles Garrett, who got half his sacks in one game. Lol.

1. "I'd definitely ask him about the cross chop," Bosa said of Quinn. "But I think he's dominated more than just that move throughout the years. And I think it's interesting that he plays only on the right, because for guys that have had the numbers that he's had, he's always been going against the left tackle, which is usually the better player. So I think it's even more impressive that he's been able to do that."

Not trying to say Quinn didn't have a great year, he did. I just think Bosa was better than him and Crosby. 5 votes...you can't tell me the MAGA crap had nothing to do with that, he was robbed.

Oh God... get off it.
If Deebo keeps preparing like he did this past offseason...keeps himself healthy, he'll make the HOF imo. He's just so good after the catch. He has deceptive take it to the house speed. He has good hands the majority of the time. He's just got to stay healthy. Because even when his speed slows down a bit, he'll still have everything else. We just need to get him some Super Bowls.

Trey has an opportunity to get Deebo and Kittle into the HOF. I know that sounds crazy. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Unfortunately I think Aiyuk leaves us in a few years to have his own spot light and huge contract. We have to make the most of him while he's here.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 14, 2022 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
If Deebo keeps preparing like he did this past offseason...keeps himself healthy, he'll make the HOF imo. He's just so good after the catch. He has deceptive take it to the house speed. He has good hands the majority of the time. He's just got to stay healthy. Because even when his speed slows down a bit, he'll still have everything else. We just need to get him some Super Bowls.

Trey has an opportunity to get Deebo and Kittle into the HOF. I know that sounds crazy. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Unfortunately I think Aiyuk leaves us in a few years to have his own spot light and huge contract. We have to make the most of him while he's here.

Not trying to be a downer, but im not sure Deebo can stay healthy enough for a HOF career. His game is so based around physical contact that he goes out of his way to hit defenders sometimes. Will be hard to have a long, fruitful career playing that way.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Not trying to be a downer, but im not sure Deebo can stay healthy enough for a HOF career. His game is so based around physical contact that he goes out of his way to hit defenders sometimes. Will be hard to have a long, fruitful career playing that way.

I know the media makes it seem like he seeks out contact... but I think he does a good job of not taking clean hard hits. He goes out of bounds when he needs to.

Most of the time, it's defenders trying to arm tackling him and failing.

Quinn had a better year than Bosa. Believe it or not, other players exist outside of those in San Fran.

Quinn was held less, doubled less often, and won doubles at a lower rate. He had an easier time because defensive coordinator don't pay him as much respect. Teams plan their offense around Nick Bosa, chips, TE blocks, etc. He practically takes a receiver out of play so teams can contain him. Not too many guys get that level of attention.

Exactly....."believe it or not", Bosa is better in every way than Quinn and other players existing outside of "San Fran " certainly do not deserve to be an all pro over Bosa. 4th in sacks while getting mugged, choke slammed and raped and FIRST in tackles for loss. Quinn did awesome but is not that good vs the run so that should also be considered. Either way, Crosby doesn't deserve it at all this year
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 14, 2022 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Deebo about to take Jed's wallet.

He'll soon become the highest paid receiver In the league I would Imagine.

I had Bosa on the 2nd team. TJ Watt obviously and Quinn had an amazing year. Crosby cannot be justified.
Huge congrats to both of them, amazing seasons they had.

Feel for Bosa, 100% should've been on at least the 2nd team. He will get his in time
I mean, sucks Bosa didnt get it but might help us even slightly when it comes time to give him the fat ass contract.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Congrats to Deeby and Williams - it's well deserved.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I had Bosa on the 2nd team. TJ Watt obviously and Quinn had an amazing year. Crosby cannot be justified.

Im not arguing for Crosby at all. It was simply a comparison of Quinn and Bosa... I would have Watt and Quinn on the first team and Bosa and Garrett on the second team.
Share 49ersWebzone