LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

It's not going to happen, but what if the 49ers won the Super Bowl bc of Jimmy G'

Shop Find 49ers gear online

It's not going to happen, but what if the 49ers won the Super Bowl bc of Jimmy G'

Originally posted by jays9ers:
When we lose in the playoffs.. It will be because of Jimmy.

Lol this...

He can't win 4 games in a row against good teams. Let's he honest he will be the reason we lose one when he gives the game away just like the last run.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Agree to disagree. Never played for a whole year due to covid. Played at a lower division school. Played against a playoff defense and a playoff team on his first start. He did a very credible job as a NFL *rookie* QB against AZ. Look at how he played on AZ, and the *difference* between that game and the Houston Texas game. Night and day, and he'll have the whole offseason to get better in all phases of the game.

Completely agree. These are all reasons why he was terrible then got better then will be better next september but wont be fully baked until late season if things go well. Imo.
As a Jimmy supporter i still think he would be gone if we won a Super Bowl. Only way he wouldn't be is if Trey wasn't ready yet and i don't think that will be the case.

Plus the Niners need cap room and when teams start calling offering a nice draft pick its going to be a no brainer.
Originally posted by miked1978:
As a Jimmy supporter i still think he would be gone if we won a Super Bowl. Only way he wouldn't be is if Trey wasn't ready yet and i don't think that will be the case.

Plus the Niners need cap room and when teams start calling offering a nice draft pick its going to be a no brainer.

Ready for what?

Well work something out.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by miked1978:

Ready for what?

Well work something out.

Ready to take over the starting QB role. Which i think he will be.
If we win the Super Bowl we play JG into the final year of his deal. He gets to start Week 1 for our ring ceremony / banner NFL season opener. Ride with him again. We then use the franchise tag after 2022 and trade him on the tag in the offseason of 2023.
If we win the superbowl with Jimmy still trade him.

If we lose this week or next week, then still trade Jimmy, bring Rodgers on a one year deal, let Trey sit for one more season.

Let Rodgers win us a ring while we still have this super bowl ready team.

Then let Trey start his 3rd year.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

If we lose this week or next week, then still trade Jimmy, bring Rodgers on a one year deal, let Trey sit for one more season.

Explain how you would bring in Rodgers. He's under contract in 2022. Meaning you would have to trade for him unless GB cuts him lol. And we have zero first round picks. I don't see this.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

Explain how you would bring in Rodgers. He's under contract in 2022. Meaning you would have to trade for him unless GB cuts him lol. And we have zero first round picks. I don't see this.

I thought Rodgers changed his contract so that he becomes a FA after season?

Maybe I read wrong, but that's what I recall that was the only reason he came back and played this season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
If we win the Super Bowl we play JG into the final year of his deal. He gets to start Week 1 for our ring ceremony / banner NFL season opener. Ride with him again. We then use the franchise tag after 2022 and trade him on the tag in the offseason of 2023.

Gold point about franchise tagging Jimmy, but that's a big cap hit for two years in a row, though.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Gold point about franchise tagging Jimmy, but that's a big cap hit for two years in a row, though.

This offseason the cap goes up around the amount of JG's contract so that will pay for itself in 2022 in a sense. In 2023 I'm thinking we would tag him only to have him under contract and we would trade him so I don't think we would take any of the cap hit that year. Whatever team acquires him would have that to worry about I'm guessing.
Originally posted by pdfortune:
It's not going to happen, but what if the 49ers won the Super Bowl bc of Jimmy G'. If it's not going to happen (as you put it) then the question is an oxymoron.

Nice input
Share 49ersWebzone