LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just look at this pass with 40 seconds left to beat the giants. Rice didn't even have to move. He ball just dropped in his hands like a down pillow. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Just look at this pass with 40 seconds left to beat the giants. Rice didn't even have to move. He ball just dropped in his hands like a down pillow. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

god we were so good back then. Miss those days.
Quote from The Legendary Coach John Madden on Joe Montana; "he's the greatest quarterback to EVER play the game ".
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Quote from The Legendary Coach John Madden on Joe Montana; "he's the greatest quarterback to EVER play the game ".

Always remember after they steamrolled DEN in the SB and he talked about how that niner team was the most dominant team he's ever seen
For me when Joe came out of the huddle stood a yard behind center and looked over the defense from right to left. He would then take the snap from center and the magic would happen.
Originally posted by MrGriz:
Holy f**k do I miss Montana. He made you believe, no matter what, if he was in the game, we were in the game.

This sums it up. Never in any game did I feel like it was over when the game was still within reach. He was never skittish. Steve was. Always looked like he was in control of the defense.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
The real GOAT. Can´t wait.

THIS. TB12 is number

Deep ball, outside the numbers, with the game on the line. This is what greatness looks like.
Anyone believe the so-called "GOAT" of this era or any of the great QB's wouldn't have folded in that Eagles game? I don't believe not one of them would have played in the second half‼️ Hell, I didn't want Joe to play the second half‼️ But when he came in, something was telling me that Philly was in trouble‼️

The look on the face of Bill Parcells, even though it is blurry, is one of pure disgust.

Montana evoked similar looks from a lot of opposing coaches.

The most methodical and convincing win by the great team was the SB over the Broncos; the balance and articulation was just perfect at two TDs per quarter, imperfect only in that Mike Cofer missed an extra point! Thus it was 55-10 instead of 56-10!
Originally posted by Spartan:
The most methodical and convincing win by the great team was the SB over the Broncos; the balance and articulation was just perfect at two TDs per quarter, imperfect only in that Mike Cofer missed an extra point! Thus it was 55-10 instead of 56-10!

Mike Cofer! That's a name from the past! I remember my nickname for him was Oh-fer.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
When does this come out?

Says it streams on January 6th
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HAD Bill Walsh did not retire as the 49er coach, who knows, we could have had more Super Bowl than the Patriots..

But when it comes to Super Bowls, I don't remember Brady being as dominant as Joe ... take Brady's best SB performance vs Joe's, one can only wonder how FAR is Brady as being #2 all time..

3 of Brady's win was because of a FG... and the other one win he has was due to a bad play call by Seattle..
Originally posted by 9moon:
HAD Bill Walsh did not retire as the 49er coach, who knows, we could have had more Super Bowl than the Patriots..

But when it comes to Super Bowls, I don't remember Brady being as dominant as Joe ... take Brady's best SB performance vs Joe's, one can only wonder how FAR is Brady as being #2 all time..

3 of Brady's win was because of a FG... and the other one win he has was due to a bad play call by Seattle..

Plus Brady had the luxury of playing for 20+ years since qbs can't be hit anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone