There are 221 users in the forums

Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
If it's all about titles why is Bill Russell not the best ever? Yogi Berra? Henri Richard?

Montana/Jordan > Brady/LeBron.

I'll take 10-0 over 11-9.
GOAT

Jersey just sold for $
Originally posted by glorydayz:
GOAT

Jersey just sold for $

TB12 unretiring as we speak to beat Joe's record
I was surprised to see that so much of Joe Montana's memorabilia was sold off. His Hall of Fame jacket? The jersey he wore in two Super Bowl MVP performances? I was under the impression that Montana is very wealthy and has done well for himself financially after retirement with various investments. Perhaps Joe is really not a sentimentalist and is just putting his stuff out there for others to enjoy, and make a tidy profit in the meantime, but it seems odd to sell one's Hall of Fame jacket. Is going through some kind of financial hardship? Or is he just getting to be a bit cranky as he gets older and his legend begins to fade. Well, I'll never forget him, at least, and feel blessed to have seen him play so many of his greatest performances in person, including the Catch and a few Super Bowls. He was certainly a cool customer and carried himself and had similar type reactions as Brock Purdy, to be honest. Not intended to curse Purdy with those expectations, just noting the similarity of play.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I was surprised to see that so much of Joe Montana's memorabilia was sold off. His Hall of Fame jacket? The jersey he wore in two Super Bowl MVP performances? I was under the impression that Montana is very wealthy and has done well for himself financially after retirement with various investments. Perhaps Joe is really not a sentimentalist and is just putting his stuff out there for others to enjoy, and make a tidy profit in the meantime, but it seems odd to sell one's Hall of Fame jacket. Is going through some kind of financial hardship? Or is he just getting to be a bit cranky as he gets older and his legend begins to fade. Well, I'll never forget him, at least, and feel blessed to have seen him play so many of his greatest performances in person, including the Catch and a few Super Bowls. He was certainly a cool customer and carried himself and had similar type reactions as Brock Purdy, to be honest. Not intended to curse Purdy with those expectations, just noting the similarity of play.

didn't know he sold the HOF jacket.

wonder if whoever bought it just strolls into work on Monday all casual while wearing the HOF jacket
Never heard of em
Share 49ersWebzone