SF 49ers vs Falcons Pregame Thread - 2021 Season Week 15

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Falcons Pregame Thread - 2021 Season Week 15

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's a trap!

every game is a trap with this team.

2019 was a trap KS remembers and I'm betting this time around we nuke these guys into the stone age. I'm talking 44-10 you guys don't belong on the field with us type beatdown.

I'd be nice if he'd preach this during the week. I have a feeling that KS gets too uptight for some games. (I think that's why it shows up in late games with leads.)
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Atlanta compared to the Bengals is worse at QB, way worse at RB, WR and on defense. On paper the 49ers should win this game handily but it hasn't been that kind of season so most likely it comes down to a one possession game late in the 4th.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Atlanta compared to the Bengals is worse at QB, way worse at RB, WR and on defense. On paper the 49ers should win this game handily but it hasn't been that kind of season so most likely it comes down to a one possession game late in the 4th.
They play tough like seattle.. it's going to be who makes more mistakes and can capitalize off those mistakes
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 13, 2021 at 12:43 PM ]
The 2019 game against Atlanta was the last home game I was at

Luckily they don't have Julio around this time.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Their offense is Cordarelle Patterson on jet sweeps, runs between the tackles (like we use Deebo) and Kyle Pitts. Surely, even with a mediocre secondary we can hold that offense to less than 350 total yards and 21 points?

Also the Falcons just lost a starting S to IR. (torn pec)
[ Edited by FL9er on Dec 13, 2021 at 2:20 PM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
The 2019 game against Atlanta was the last home game I was at

Luckily they don't have Julio around this time.

Their D stifled us, too.

I remember Juice's comments after that very frustrating game...

"They came out and they gave us something different that they haven't shown all season. They came out with five bigs, three linebackers and took a DB out, so it was just something we had to adjust to."
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They play tough like seattle.. it's going to be who makes more mistakes and can capitalize off those mistakes

Well, the Bengals kept shooting themselves In the foot. I'm not sure we'll see the same thing happen this game. We'll need to stay focused and treat every game like a playoff game. We should have more than enough to get through this one with another win though.
Go 49ers!
ESPN is reporting that Atlanta is among 5 teams having positive Covid tests... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32861803/sources-nfl-37-positive-covid-19-tests-monday

Gotta get this game out of reach early.

If up by 3 or 4 scores late in the 3rd or in the 4th, I think Kyle gets his starters out as early as he can.

Got a quick turn around to Tennessee

A Thursday game this late in the year after an early bye is going to be brutal.
[ Edited by 9ers4u on Dec 13, 2021 at 6:05 PM ]
No excuses from now on. This is a game we have to win. It's a game we should win. If we don't win this game we don't deserve to see the playoffs. Simple as that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
No excuses from now on. This is a game we have to win. It's a game we should win. If we don't win this game we don't deserve to see the playoffs. Simple as that.

It's a playoff level game for the 49ers for sure.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by genus49:

It's a playoff level game for the 49ers for sure.

Every game is a playoff level game from here on out.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LenCat:
49ers favored by 8!
same as when we lost to them at home in 2019... only difference is we can't afford a loss this time

Yeah but the difference between this game and that game is we were out I believe seven or eight starters on defense so they would've gotten absolutely smoked that game. I think we are only out five starters on D this time so that's a win. Also they don't have Julio Jones or Ridley. We're good
Share 49ersWebzone