LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Devin Funchess WR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Is he a great run blocker? He has the Size.. but I'm guessing Kyle is going all in on running the ball.

A blocker. That's what Kyle likes big WR'S for.
To be fair the injury history didn't start until after the draft.

Originally posted by Sickaa:
That would be sweet If they we're able to find a Hurd/Deebo type of player through the later rounds of the draft and develop him into a starter at some point.

I also agree with the "Injury* part.
He garbage

he could tell when they were smiling under their masks because their eyes "go c----y."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/green-bay-packers-wide-receiver-devin-funchess-apologizes-using-anti-n1276302
MFs act like a free agent WR in week 11 should be a stud lol
Kyle just needs someone to be put in his doghouse.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Not much better than Sanu, to be honest.

Not better than Sanu (when not injured) at all.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Who got hurt? Or is this a practice squad body to take some of the reps?

The article I read said something about the Dolphins (I think) picking off one of PS players. That made room for this guy.

They also released Austin Watkins from the PS.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

He's probably better than Sanu, but he needs to be consistent, that's why he's been moving from team to team.
Originally posted by AkNiners:

That would be sweet If they we're able to find a Hurd/Deebo type of player through the later rounds of the draft and develop him into a starter at some point.

Thats not true. He was frequently dinged up in college, even if he didn't miss a ton of games. He switched from RB to WR because he was concerned about injuries. He missed the Combine and much of the offseason process prior to the draft due to a knee injury.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Thats not true. He was frequently dinged up in college, even if he didn't miss a ton of games. He switched from RB to WR because he was concerned about injuries. He missed the Combine and much of the offseason process prior to the draft due to a knee injury.

He's perfect!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I thought he ran at the Combine. Wasn't his 4.7 40 a big deal here in 2015?
Originally posted by mayo49:

He's probably better than Sanu, but he needs to be consistent, that's why he's been moving from team to team.

I don't think any GM or HC would think that.
he was decent for the panthers. I remember he had a good rapport with Cam for a bit when Kelvin Benjamin was dealing with weight issues....I thought funchess was a nice suprise considering most experts (I can't remember exactly) I thought said they didn't think he translated to the NFL because he was too slow.

Let's see what he can do.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I don't think any GM or HC would think that.

Not better than Sanu? I don't think so, Sanu is also inconsistent, but he's faster than Funchess.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 24, 2021 at 7:22 AM ]
Maybe they are eyeing him for a move tight end . Simular to what Mathews was trying to accomplish.
Share 49ersWebzone