There are 133 users in the forums

SF 49ERS vs Vikings Pregame Thread - 2021 Week 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ERS vs Vikings Pregame Thread - 2021 Week 12

  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 24,979


Please post pregame news, observations & discussion here.

  • Sunday, November 28 1:25 pm PT
Oh yeah baby. That's the stuff. More 49ers regular season football.
https://thevikingage.com/2020/01/10/minnesota-vikings-49ers-1987-playoffs/

On paper, the Vikings have a distinct advantage with their WR's versus our CB's.
I'm hopeful that Cousins plays within the system and doesn't necessarily try to force one-on-one matchups a la Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams. If he actually just says "go long" or "Let's try the outside shoulder throw on the sideline", he can do so, but I don't think he has that confidence to do so.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
https://thevikingage.com/2020/01/10/minnesota-vikings-49ers-1987-playoffs/


I think that revenge was had in 1988
Huge game
Originally posted by Wubbie:
On paper, the Vikings have a distinct advantage with their WR's versus our CB's.
I'm hopeful that Cousins plays within the system and doesn't necessarily try to force one-on-one matchups a la Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams. If he actually just says "go long" or "Let's try the outside shoulder throw on the sideline", he can do so, but I don't think he has that confidence to do so.

I doubt we really shut them down, we'll have to win time of possession and successfully run the ball to minimize the VIK offense, who has excellent skill position players.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

The more east coast you are the better in the minds of these chowderheads.
Run the ball. Close game but 49ers win.

If anyone knows how to D against Kirk and what makes him uncomfortable, it's Kyle.
I've always hated the Vikings. The 1987 game and then that last second td by Favre several years ago. I'm glad they're 0 and 5 in the superbowl.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I've always hated the Vikings. The 1987 game and then that last second td by Favre several years ago. I'm glad they're 0 and 5 in the superbowl.

My understanding is they are 0-4 in Super Bowls and that was way more than several years ago my bro lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 57,819
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I've always hated the Vikings. The 1987 game and then that last second td by Favre several years ago. I'm glad they're 0 and 5 in the superbowl.

Yeah, Vikings aren't much liked around these parts.
Much respect to the 98 Vikings while we are on the subject. Pretty much the most exciting team of all time, outside of 49er teams which I am obviously biased.
Share 49ersWebzone