LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

What needs to change!?!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What needs to change!?!?

This is enough. We have several all pro players, are 2 years removed from a Super Bowl and look like the worst hot mess in the league. Yes injuries have affected us, but this year they aren't the reason for our record. Why are we so bad?
Nothing. You are what your record is. This team just sucks. And reality finally hit the fans. No this is not a Superbowl team. No we aren't running it back like 2019. No, the injury excuses just mask many of the deficiencies that people never want to talk about and they will plug their ears.

I predicted 9 wins for this team at the start because I don't have homer glasses. I may fall short of this prediction, but they'll probably still be somewhere close to that
Here's my suggestion,.

1. Kyle needs to learn how to call a complete game.
2. Be a WR friendly team.
3. Hire an experienced DC.
4. Hire an experienced and creative special teams coach.
When was the last time we had a special teams that contributed to putting points in the board?
5. Start developing Trey starting week 8.
[ Edited by RedLion49er on Oct 24, 2021 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by RedLion49er:
Here's my suggestion,.

1. Kyle needs to learn how to call a complete game.
2. Be a WR friendly team.
3. Hire an experienced DC.
4. Hire an experienced and creative special teams coach.
When was the last time we had a special teams that contributed to putting points in the board?
5. Start developing Trey starting week 8.

I can agree with this. Kyle needs to overhaul his staff before we think about replacing him. We lost some good assistants from the 2019 team and it really shows.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
A better Qb would make all the difference.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Nothing. You are what your record is. This team just sucks. And reality finally hit the fans. No this is not a Superbowl team. No we aren't running it back like 2019. No, the injury excuses just mask many of the deficiencies that people never want to talk about and they will plug their ears.

I predicted 9 wins for this team at the start because I don't have homer glasses. I may fall short of this prediction, but they'll probably still be somewhere close to that

Hahaha the injury excuses? With Kittle and Williams let alone Verrett and mostert Gould Greenlaw we smoke the Colts, Cards,Seattle and GB. Are you on crazy pills?

yes we have deficiencies but every team does. However not every team loses bc of these elite and great players missing close games. Sure the coaching wasn't great but what's KC's excuse on offense.

Does Seattle suck bc of RW and Carson out? Please.
Not much can be changed right now to salvage this season. But they can start plugging in more rookies to jump start their development for next season.
Maybe a good start would be firing Cory Undlin, the defensive backs coach who was just hired from the Detroit Lions last year to replace Joe Woods who became the defensive coordinator of the Browns. It seems like our secondary never turns to look for the ball now, and run straight through receivers. They look undisciplined and unprepared. Not sure if it is Undlin's fault in being unable to develop him, but 3rd round cornerback Ambry Thomas hasn't contributed anything to this season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Not much can be changed right now to salvage this season. But they can start plugging in more rookies to jump start their development for next season.

100%
Tonight was an embarrassment. No excuse to lose coming off a bye. People can say whatever they want about the weather, but Wentz seemed fine with it. Maybe playing at NDSU prepared him. Jimmy needed special circumstances to succeed. When all situations weren't perfect though, he seemed overwhelmed. I don't know if Kyle or goggles calls the plays, but that was as erratic as anything. Looking at the staff, we have a safeties coach, but not a CB or DB coach, so trying to find a spot to lay the DPI penalties on is difficult. Our DBs are without a doubt the bottom of the barrel. We could have drafted some, but instead invested our picks in players we hope to see in a year or two. Someone should be fired over the penalties. Period. Every team we play will see this film and simply chuck it up and get a penalty. This renders our best defensive player, BOSA, irrelevant. Shameful.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Hahaha the injury excuses? With Kittle and Williams let alone Verrett and mostert Gould Greenlaw we smoke the Colts, Cards,Seattle and GB. Are you on crazy pills?

yes we have deficiencies but every team does. However not every team loses bc of these elite and great players missing close games. Sure the coaching wasn't great but what's KC's excuse on offense.

Does Seattle suck bc of RW and Carson out? Please.

But how long do you let this continue? I agree injuries, especially to key contributors, hinder the 49ers. But at some point you have to ask questions: why are these players getting injured? Is there something we can do to mitigate key player injuries? Are we relying too much on players who have a history of injuries? Like I said, I agree you have to consider the injuries. But, you cannot do this forever. At some point you have to change things, if for no other reason than to change (which, trust me, change for the sake of change is not something I encourage, except in dire situations).
spread offense like the rest of the league, not dump offs to RBs in the flats all game long
The best coaches seem to surround themselves with people who are smarter than them. It appears that the opposite is true on this team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
The best coaches seem to surround themselves with people who are smarter than them. It appears that the opposite is true on this team.

You can have the best coaches, but if you don't have the horses, it's a tough go.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 25, 2021 at 2:59 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

You can have the best coaches, but if you don't have the horses it's tough go.

He traded for some horses that turned out to be nags.
It's not just the coaches I mean either.
Lynch is a a nice guy promo person but is he a GM?
What about senior players he let go or would not bring in?
When he is the smartest person in the room he will be kept busy with loser folks telling him how great he is and at the same time will be distracted from finding the talent and pieces he needs to actually realize that genius status.
I am sorry but it's game over around here for a long time. Kills me to say it though.
I will still root for the team.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Oct 25, 2021 at 2:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone