There are 152 users in the forums

Who gets fired first, Kyle or John?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who gets fired first, Kyle or John?

• MarkD
  • Veteran
It would be both of them. Kyle has to much say in the draft and FA, so you cant place all the blame on Lynch.
Neither will get fired. We'll still be In the Same boat come next season, unless Lance develops Into something special that Is.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Neither will get fired. We'll still be In the Same boat come next season, unless Lance develops Into something special that Is.
thats cuz next year everyone will be healthy . and next year is our year. brick by brick, we are built for sustainability.. i still will never get over that one last week
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
9ers need to be big time sellers at the trade deadline. If these two want to keep their jobs, it's time to admit the mistake that is this year ASAP and send some big contracts elsewhere.
[ Edited by A-R-S on Oct 25, 2021 at 7:08 AM ]
No front office experience combined with no head coach experience = a bad experience
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I think they both are signed through 2025 so I don't think Jed will absorb that much money since if one gets fired the other probably goes too. I'm thinking they're here for at least another 2 years. After the 2023 season if things aren't going well, Jed might be willing to eat 2 years.
No one is getting fired. They bought one more year by drafting Lance. Next year will be the "hot seat" year, Jimmy will be gone and they will use that money on a corner which will get injured in preseason. Over draft another DB and then who knows.

The sad thing is that there really isnt another coach out there that excites me. We just have a room full of bad drafters. They hit on day 3 guys but you cant only have 1 hit in the first 4 rounds every year. Warner was a gem, Bosa was a given, Deebo was a gem... then who so far? Aiyuk took a step back, Hurd cant find the field, neither can Moore, Street is solid after 2 years, Saleh f*cked thomas by never playing him at his natural position... wouldnt of been an allstar but at least would be a solid contributor.

It's just getting comical at this point. Still think Kyle is a good coach but his staff gets raided every year and rather than bringing in proven commodities they promote Joe Schmoe. His original staffs were allstars but having to replace them every year you cant expect that every friend he knows is going to be at the same level. At some point the resources are depleted.
Lynch will be the first to go, then bringing in a more experienced GM type

shanny will get two seasons after that to show he still deserves to be coach
Originally posted by pdfortune:
No front office experience combined with no head coach experience = a bad experience

lol okay. I'm sure you were saying that in 2019 also huh?

• Deebo
  • Veteran
Kyle is wearing three hats simultaneously, none very well, as the HC, OC and defacto GM.

Lynch does what Kyle says and is the front face of the organization, with little effect on much.

Promote Peters to GM, give Lynch a ceremonial title/position nominally in charge of football operations, and get out of the way.

Get Kyle a real OC, and MAYBE he can turn into a HC. But Kyle doesn't strike me as the flexible type that would subjugate his ego in the best interests of the team.
Originally posted by Deebo:
Kyle is wearing three hats simultaneously, none very well, as the HC, OC and defacto GM.

Lynch does what Kyle says and is the front face of the organization, with little effect on much.

Promote Peters to GM, give Lynch a ceremonial title/position nominally in charge of football operations, and get out of the way.

Get Kyle a real OC, and MAYBE he can turn into a HC. But Kyle doesn't strike me as the flexible type that would subjugate his ego in the best interests of the team.

Good points. I also think Kyle needs to surround himself with other established coaches. We're the only team in the league with assistant coaches no ones ever heard of!
1. Neither is getting fired for the shortcomings of this season. They get time to play the Trey experiment game first.

2. When the time comes, both will have to go at the same time. They have been a tandem working together to make these moves that are now tanking the team.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Franchise408:
1. Neither is getting fired for the shortcomings of this season. They get time to play the Trey experiment game first.

2. When the time comes, both will have to go at the same time. They have been a tandem working together to make these moves that are now tanking the team.

yes, but that could/should be a short leash
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Good points. I also think Kyle needs to surround himself with other established coaches. We're the only team in the league with assistant coaches no ones ever heard of!

yes yes yes please yes
Share 49ersWebzone