There are 250 users in the forums

Who gets fired first, Kyle or John?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who gets fired first, Kyle or John?

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Hopefully both get fired at the same time, but if I had to pick...I would pick Shanahan! The coaching staff he arranged is absolute garbage, and Lynch has nothing to do with that!

The talent on the roster is a bigger problem than these coaches. they both need to go.
Jed should get grounded for passing on mcvay.
If Jed thinks he needs to clean house, he will clean house. But that won't happen this year. The play of the team has been disappointing, but the 2019 Super Bowl run was not a fluke. Kyle knows what he is doing.

Yet, there's no doubt that the pressure is on. This team improved every year Kyle ran this team. 2019 was a culmination of that improvement. 2020 was a major disappointment. This year will also prove to be a major disappointment.

Yet, I think Jed gives both Kyle and John another year or two to get it together. At least I hope he does. Cleaning house now does absolutely nothing to improve the state of the franchise.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Hopefully both get fired at the same time, but if I had to pick...I would pick Shanahan! The coaching staff he arranged is absolute garbage, and Lynch has nothing to do with that!

The talent on the roster is a bigger problem than these coaches. they both need to go.

This is arguable. Because it's the NFL, all of these players have talent and potential. Yesterday's game looks like the whole team is completely unprepared, and undisciplined.
Originally posted by lamontb:

This is arguable. Because it's the NFL, all of these players have talent and potential. Yesterday's game looks like the whole team is completely unprepared, and undisciplined.

Yup. Poor coaching and no veteran leadership. Buckner and Staley were the heart and soul of this team.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
100% Lynch before John. Missing on Kinlaw (barring miraculous recovery next year) and getting rid of DeFo would be the nail in the coffin.
If Peters really is responsible for some of the late round gems (Warner, Kittle, Greenlaw) then he would get promoted.

The DEFO trade, yeah it sucks, but people fail to remember this is much in advance of trading up for QB. That was a complete unknown at the time. We were strapped for CAP. Not a lot of wiggle room and DEFO was the only one of the bunch we could get a one for. It was a business decision and although it was a hard pill to swallow a necessity. Warner and Kittle were coming up for signings. They had no idea Jimmy $26m coming off the books yet.

Kinlaw not quite ready to throw the towel in. Hopefully he has been stitched back together and this solves the issues.

Need leadership. Dudes step up.

John is the voice of reason and the one with a bit more emotions over the straight faced straight laced Kyle. Their chemistry, a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll seem to gel.

The losing seasons, Kyle. Does not mean fire the dude. They need to take a hard look at the coaching staff and I think Kyle needs to relent some duties. He's overwhelmed. Let him focus on Trey, groom him, and watch the offense blossom.

And I'm sorry. The dual QB in this circumstances failed. I don't care if Jimmy fans think otherwise, and the great fans think we are going to the SB and best shot Jimmy, it's nonsense. Jimmy has to go. Too much division and confusion. It should be all hands on Trey from grooming and development to leadership and game planning. The offense is a frigging mystery and that points back to QB division.

I still think we are pretty lucky to have this group with Kyle and John. I still think most issues originate all the way back to QB each and every year. I don't give a s**t over his once in awhile good game.

I think it would be wise to stay onboard until AFTER year two of the Trey era.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Nov 8, 2021 at 7:42 AM ]
Neither of them.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Firing Lynch fixes nothing....gotta kill the head.
I think they both get at least one more year. I think they need to fire Lynch now and bring in a GM to run everything start that process now. Let the new GM figure out couching keep or clean house. I think they should clean house at end of season. With new GM in place, to hire who he likes. What they have now is not working.
Originally posted by jcs:
Firing Lynch fixes nothing....gotta kill the head.

True.

Jed will fire Lynch first. But both should be.
If it's stays this way Ryan goes before the end of the season, then Lynch before next season and Kyle after 2022 to give him a shot with Trey.

If they wanted to be nice like the old ownership, they could bring in an 'advisor' to help Ryans. I think this happened in like the 90s when our OC wasn't cutting it. We were still an above 500 team, but not to our team if the decade standards.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
If it's stays this way Ryan goes before the end of the season, then Lynch before next season and Kyle after 2022 to give him a shot with Trey.

If they wanted to be nice like the old ownership, they could bring in an 'advisor' to help Ryans. I think this happened in like the 90s when our OC wasn't cutting it. We were still an above 500 team, but not to our team if the decade standards.

It's either both or KS should go first so that JL can actually get the players he really wants w/o offending a good friend.
Originally posted by 9moon:

It's either both or KS should go first so that JL can actually get the players he really wants w/o offending a good friend.

KS brought in Lynch but Lynch has bungled his picks and would fall on his sword before KS is fired. The lowest hanging fruit is the inexperienced DC and why he would most likely go first.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

KS brought in Lynch but Lynch has bungled his picks and would fall on his sword before KS is fired. The lowest hanging fruit is the inexperienced DC and why he would most likely go first.

NOT sure bout yah'll, but IMO, it's the person who brought in the GM or the DC or the OC that should be fired first.,, if not TOGETHER..

Look, just make it ez and CLEAN HOUSE !!
Share 49ersWebzone