LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 152 users in the forums

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy after the bye, what should we do?

Dump jimmy pick up cam Newton to help develop Trey faster. Jimmy is useless. Waste of time and energy. Garbage and he can't stay healthy. Like I said. Useless.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Dump jimmy pick up cam Newton to help develop Trey faster. Jimmy is useless. Waste of time and energy. Garbage and he can't stay healthy. Like I said. Useless.

Worst idea yet
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jimmy G is just so much further ahead mentally. It's not even close. Jimmy starts if ready to go. Trey is so confused out there. Inaccurate too.

Yeah weird how an 8 year veteran of the league and guy who has been on our team for 4 years would be ahead mentally than a rookie
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Whichever side you're on in the Great Jimmy Debate, it's safe to say he won't be remembered in 49er lore as one of the greats.

Meh he'll always have 2019. People remember Alex Smith fondly because of the playoff game vs the Saints despite being mediocre or complete garbage during the majority of his tenure. Nostalgia is very powerful

His most memorable moment was overthrowing Sanders in the Super Bowl. Nobody wants to remember that. Mostert's 4 TDs in the NFC championship game will be a fond memory though.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Lance threw a pick 2 plays in.

If that was Jimmy .....hoooo boy.....but since it's Lance, not a peep about it.

89 yards?! FOH

START JIMMY IF HEALTHY.

LANCE SUCKS

THERE I SAID IT. YOU HEARD IT.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
In all seriousness,whether be it Lance or Jimmy...

This team isn't going to go deep into the playoffs without Better DB and RB execution..

Pass defense gets exploited all the time. Running game is meh.

So WTF is the point in starting Jimmy if you feel this way? Wouldn't the future FQB benefit more with the live game reps than the guy that won't be on our team much longer?
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
If we don't start him now, and get the growing pains out of the way, all we are doing is putting that off until next year. When we would still have to go through them.

That's... not how it works. Not at all.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
but that's the thing, there are no playoffs for us this year.

So Trey. easy.

But it's the jiMmY fAnS with the time machine...
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Whichever side you're on in the Great Jimmy Debate, it's safe to say he won't be remembered in 49er lore as one of the greats.

Meh he'll always have 2019. People remember Alex Smith fondly because of the playoff game vs the Saints despite being mediocre or complete garbage during the majority of his tenure. Nostalgia is very powerful

His most memorable moment was overthrowing Sanders in the Super Bowl. Nobody wants to remember that. Mostert's 4 TDs in the NFC championship game will be a fond memory though.

Idk I still don't think that play was as catchable as some make it out to be. Jimmy was probably seeing stars as well. If anything I'm more angry at Jimmy, Kyle and the entire offense for not doing anything with the offensive series after the Taverious Moore, just kill the clock, even if you only come away with a FG the game is over, we have # 6
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Jimmy G if healthy. Trey isn't ready and starting him would mean Shanahan and company have completely 'packed it in' for 2021

I really don't think jimmy ups the success chance that much to make a difference. We don't need a game manager right now, we need more
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Worst idea yet
Jimmy is a sideline ornament. He offers Trey nothing to learn from.

Originally posted by fan49:
Jimmy G if healthy. Trey isn't ready and starting him would mean Shanahan and company have completely 'packed it in' for 2021

I really don't think jimmy ups the success chance that much to make a difference. We don't need a game manager right now, we need more

K. And a 21 year old Trey Lance isnt saving our season lol. Jimmy gives us the best chance to win, and as long as we have a shot for the playoffs he should continue to be the starter
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 12, 2021 at 12:02 PM ]

Yeah, let's bring in the guy that was still throwing off his backfoot in his 11th season to help teach our young QB to never improve.
  • dj43
This thread and the main Jimmy Garoppolo thread are largely duplicating each other. It is time to move the convo to the main thread. With two active threads on the same topic, it becomes unnecessarily difficult to follow the conversation.
[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 12, 2021 at 12:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone