LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 432 users in the forums

Here we are again, but the truth is we have been here since 2002

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Look who Stoked played behind. I know you all just flipped up the page and looked at the stats. The player would start over everyone on this team.

It's like say Taylor wasn't that good because he played with Rice.

JJ Stokes was nothing special and he proved it his whole career with us. He was never John Taylor. John Taylor would've started and been the #1 on tons of teams. JJ was a plodding slow dude with no quicks who's only talent was that he was big.

TO was supposed to be Taylor for JJ's Rice. We traded the pick that become Ray Lewis for JJ to be the next Jerry Rice. Dude was a massive disappointment. Same coaches turned TO into a HOFer. Both played with a HOF QB and a 3 time Pro Bowler. What elite QB is Deebo playing with?

I would agree WR development hasn't been good the last 2 decades but not gonna pretend JJ Stokes was anything other than a massive miss by the Policy/Clark regime.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
TO was supposed to be Taylor and Stokes was supposed to be Rice? I don't think anyone ever thought that and again let look at the comparison versus what we have now.

Stokes is better than every WR in this team and would be better than what we've seen at WR we've seen drafted for easily 10 years.

Yah Stokes was supposed to be Rice. You don't trade multiple first round picks for a guy who never breaks 800 yards.

What he have now is nowhere close to Steve Young or Jeff Garcia. That's the bigger issue.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 7, 2021 at 12:54 PM ]
Nope, sorry. Stokes wasn't better than Deebo. Stokes was fine, but never had defenses "looking out" for him.
I'm not going to quote it due to the length but what an entertaining original post.
OP - great post. I would say things could be worse - some of the fixes that the Niners need to do can be done within the draft in the 2nd round if not later (since we gave up 3 1st round picks for Lance). The other thing that can help this team out is if Lance winds up being the QB we all hope he is. I think Jimmy is done after this year regardless and it gets turned over to Lance. I think our WR corp is solid with Samuel and Aiyuk along with one of the best TE in the game in Kittle.

I think if we can shore up the RB spot which I feel we can do in the draft along with continuing to add pieces on the defense side of things - i think this team can/will compete. It doesn't help that we are in the best division in the NFL unlike some of the other divisions. Granted as being a long-time Niner fan - I am frustrated with some of the moves or lack there of (Why not offer NE a low draft pick to get Gilmore for crying out loud) and Kyle deserves a lot of the blame for some of the mishaps. But l think he will 'right the ship' and we will be okay. I think we are being exposed right now bc we don't have a real RB option after the RM injury - and it's not like none of us saw that coming; he's never really been durable although he is a fantastic runner for our team.

Anyways- still a fan but I don't think we are as bad as everyone thinks and I don't think we are SB bound either. It could be worse - we could be the Seahags - where you have Russ and DK - then it's just a drop off after that. That is a team that is in purgatory - Russ is too good to not let them become an 9-8 team and the team isn't good enough to do much in the playoffs if anything. Like Mahomes in KC - a good QB covers a lot of bad play/scheme by the team and if Lance is the real deal - then he will do the same for us.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Nope, sorry. Stokes wasn't better than Deebo. Stokes was fine, but never had defenses "looking out" for him.

Stokes was a vagine when it came to catching a ball in the middle of the field. dude was always scared.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Originally posted by cortana49:

Stokes was a vagine when it came to catching a ball in the middle of the field. dude was always scared.

Stokes was mediocre at best. He was a disappointment being drafted 10th overall.
This team just needs a shot in the arm. Maybe Lance can provide that spark! Remember when Kaep took over for Smith? Teams didn't know how to defend us, and I think Lance is better than Kaep. All you can do is keep your head up and look for the positive.
Go Niners!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
This team just needs a shot in the arm. Maybe Lance can provide that spark! Remember when Kaep took over for Smith? Teams didn't know how to defend us, and I think Lance is better than Kaep. All you can do is keep your head up and look for the positive.
Go Niners!
CK had a legit great roster with a legit great run game and legit great defense. we have non of those. he also had a coach who motivated men. is kyle that coach? i do not blame those starting to question this
whaa whaa whine whine
There's the summary of this lame post

Lol Stokes better than Deebo! Deebo is Anquan Boldin 2.0, not bootleg John Taylor.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Fro, #4 should be #1. It's a QB league period. That was the last time a 49er QB made the Pro Bowl (I know that's not the end all, be all).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
whaa whaa whine whine
There's the summary of this lame post

no one put a gun to your head and made you come in here, there are good fans in this thread and the post was started by a elite poster who have legit concerns about this team and the people in charge of things
[ Edited by cciowa on Oct 7, 2021 at 7:09 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Go Niners!
ck had a lot of stuff including an elite defense that we are no where close to having. and he had a dependable run game
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Speaking of Mooch, can you tell me the last great 49er QB? Jeff Garcia. He never won a Super Bowl, and thus, for us, he never won s**t. But that dude was the last great 49er QB. Better than Rattay, Smith, Kaep, and Jimmy G. That was almost twenty years ago. I want you to think about that for a good while before you continue reading. Because our collective curse of hubris has somehow prevented us from 2002 onward to miss on getting the next great 49er QB. Forget the draft, we have colossally f**ked that up to date on picking a QB--again, here is hoping Trey breaks the curse, slaughters a chicken, and gets us back on track. BUT, we have also f**ked up the FA QB game. If we were going into this year saying it was Super Bowl or bust and we had doubts about Jimmy, we must seal the deal and grab a new QB1 from free agency or trade. Rodgers (this would have been tough, but you could still have loaded up on D, trade Jimmy for a 1984 Topps Dale Murphy card, and take your shot at Rodgers the following year--now that dude is likely going to the Steelers or Broncos or Jeopardy), Stafford (not a fan, but I would take him over Jimmy), and--my God, TB12, wanted to come home and you s**t on him. And he won number 7 with the Bucs, and who knows, maybe he could have nabbed #6 for us, but that won't happen because you s**t on the f**king boy that loved the NINERS and the GOAT so much that he grew into man and became the GOAT--Brady.

I know what some of you will say. Easy to say Captain Hindsight. First, shut it. I have been Captain Hindsight on these boards for almost two decades plying my trade in misery. When did I arrive in purgatory? 2004. One year after the last great 49er QB left town. I keep promising myself that someday you and I will get to leave and go back to Valhalla, where our championship regalia awaits, and where we can bask in the glory of a title. Don't you see? What is so terrifically terrible about purgatory is not being there. It is the hope, often provided by mirages of deliverance that is really nothing more than fool's gold, that you get to leave. As I said, I hope Trey is the one, but, you must forgive me, I have been here an awful long time. I am not sure anymore what is real or false.

On the bright side this means you get a story this fall. Stay tuned.

I am Frowns

I couldn't agree more.

Agreed, well done.
Share 49ersWebzone