LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Realistic expectations for the season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistic expectations for the season.

I don't think it is every realistic to say Superbowl, unless you are mid dynasty. Even if you are the defending champs so many things have to break your way to have that Lombardi in the case when that last game is over. I think it is very realistic to say playoffs. When healthy we are a top 5 team in the NFC easily. Sure we have some holes, but everybody does in the modern NFL. We should comfortably slot into a wildcard possibly divisional champ if we play to our potential. The talent is there, the program is there...just have to stay healthy and execute.
i say as long as we stay healthy i see a playoff birth.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Garoppolo stays healthy, this team stays relatively healthy, and I'll very much like this team's chances this year vs. any team during the regular season and beyond.

lool it says realistic.

Yes, stays healthy...like he did in 2019 in playing 19 straight games without coming out at any point in any game due to injury. No reason why he can't do that again.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Whoever that guy is on CBS Sports is a total s**t for brains. How the hell can we be overrated, most stupid pundits have us barely missing the playoffs. If anything we're completely underrated as all hell.

I wouldn't say we're underrated.. I've seen plenty of publications stating well compete for a playoff birth.
If Halle Berry was my woman…I wouldn't be reading this or replying to it. But, I am. IF the team stays healthy. IF Bosa is back to form. IF Kinlaw has learned 75% of what he needs. IF Ford can play 65% of the snaps. Rams - IF Stafford can't move. Seachickens- IF Russy slows down a tad. Arizona - IF Arizona stays Arizona. This will get the Niners the NFC WEST.
There's a reason why we are tied for the 2nd best odds to win the nfc behind TB, because we have the second best roster. Even with injuries we can still make the playoffs and whip teams like the rams and cards. Even the Seahawks. So not too worried since we have 2 starting qbs
if we cant win a wc birth then we suck balls
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

44% of the teams in the NFL will make the playoffs this year, seems crazy.
Will be a good year in the Webzone PickEm to take the Niners and X3
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

44% of the teams in the NFL will make the playoffs this year, seems crazy.

NFL just continues to dilute the product for more $.

Playoffs

The SB favorite for NFC is the Bucs. They loss zero starters in the offseason which is pretty remarkable. As far as the division i would say division champs but if all 4 teams are somewhat healthy i think the NFC West will continue to be a bloodbath and anything can happen.
If the Packers implode, that will increase our chances as New Orleans is in a mini-rebuild too. If we can win our division, I think we can win it all.
Playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Playoffs.
thats all i want. do not care about division crown or home field advantage. after last years fiasco and given our big question marks at key spots due to injured guys coming back and key guys who have injury history ....... just making the playoffs is first priority.
Making the playoffs is realistic. Winning the division could be a possibility if everything goes perfect. Problem is that everything usually doesn't go perfect and the division is loaded. Any of the 3 top teams could win it. A break here or there could be the difference. A key injury of critical call in one of the head to head games could be the difference between 1st and 3rd in the division.
Share 49ersWebzone