LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Realistic expectations for the season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistic expectations for the season.

After reading the article on the front page about the 9ers being over-hyped.. It got me thinking. Are we over-hyped? What are my realistic expectations for this season?

I myself an a Superbowl or bust kinda fan. I think we have a shot at competing for a title but that all depends on the D-line and the Qb play.. Realistic expectations... If we go with Lance as the starter I'm looking for a wildcard birth.
Wilcard birth for me. I think we really have to slow down on what the defense is gonna look like. I'm worried about our pass rush and corner. Might be mid season before Bosa is really back and they need to put him on a snap count to start the season. Not sold on Moseley as a full time starter. Add in a 1st time HC that wants to be more aggressive. Could lead to communication errors/blown coverages early on.

I didn't see article on the front page. I didn't realize niners were being hyped up enough nationally to be overhyped
Originally posted by jays9ers:
After reading the article on the front page about the 9ers being over-hyped.. It got me thinking. Are we over-hyped? What are my realistic expectations for this season?

I myself an a Superbowl or bust kinda fan. I think we have a shot at competing for a title but that all depends on the D-line and the Qb play.. Realistic expectations... If we go with Lance as the starter I'm looking for a wildcard birth.

Whoever that guy is on CBS Sports is a total s**t for brains. How the hell can we be overrated, most stupid pundits have us barely missing the playoffs. If anything we're completely underrated as all hell.
According to some a Super Bowl if we start the HOF Lance
There's a good chance that we're overrated. It's all based on a super bowl team whose strength was the defensive line, except that we no longer have two all-pro caliber players in Buckner and Ford, and the defensive backfield, which was already a weakness, has only gotten older/slower. The league is more focused on stopping the 49ers after they proved themselves to the league, so you'd already expect some regression from that as well, in addition to the loss of talent.

On the other hand, our offensive line and receiving corps is probably improved, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.
Playoffs
Garoppolo stays healthy, this team stays relatively healthy, and I'll very much like this team's chances this year vs. any team during the regular season and beyond.
SB
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Garoppolo stays healthy, this team stays relatively healthy, and I'll very much like this team's chances this year vs. any team during the regular season and beyond.

lool it says realistic.
A ton of injuries.

It's a weak article. It basically says, Garoppolo, and oh, Saleh and maybe Sherman.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think winning the division is a good start. Super Bowl is just the cherry on top.
Winning the division is very probable assuming Stigmata doesn't hit our team again. NFCCG seems very realistic imo as well. It's just whoever is less injured between TB and SF. The Rams and GB are good but then again if they play us with a relatively healthy team they are toast. There's a reason the niners are tied for the second best (with the rams) odds to get to the SB right behind TB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know why people are saying we are overrated - we are absolutely stacked.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 13, 2021 at 2:40 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
It's a weak article. It basically says, Garoppolo, and oh, Saleh and maybe Sherman.

This. Lazy article, oh wow you're crapping on our chances because Garoppolo is penciled in as the starter, what a fresh and original take!
Share 49ersWebzone