There are 199 users in the forums

2021 OTA Offseason Workouts

Shop Find 49ers gear online

OTA Offseason Workouts:

May 24-25
*The first open practice from OTAs will be on Tuesday, May 25. The second will be on Wednesday, June 2. The third will be on Tuesday, June 8. All three practices are scheduled to begin at noon.
May 27
June 1-2
June 4
June 7-8
June 10

Mandatory Minicamp:
June 15-17
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks ChauncyGardner. I'm at CHLA and only have my phone and a fussy little one, but I was trying to start this. Yours is better!
And super excited for more Lance highlights and conversations and sensationalism!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
And super excited for more Lance highlights and conversations and sensationalism!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Lets Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thl408
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/five-compelling-49ers-storylines-nfl-otas-begin-next-week
There is no doubt that the newly anointed 49ers defensive coordinator is appreciated and respected by his players. Members of the offense and defense alike easily relate to Ryans not only because of his 10-year NFL career, but because of his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game.

Shortly after the team announced Ryans' promotion, Shanahan shared that there are no plans for the defensive scheme to change. Considering the level of experience of the players returning to the defense, the group is set up for success.

During OTAs, we will see our first glimpse of Ryans in his new role. Known for being a hands-on coach, especially with linebackers Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw during practice, it will be interesting to see how he spends his time on the field. Will he be as hands-on as we have seen in the past, or more supervisory from a distance?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some pics from OTAs.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Don't think you get any until tomorrow
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/five-compelling-49ers-storylines-nfl-otas-begin-next-week
There is no doubt that the newly anointed 49ers defensive coordinator is appreciated and respected by his players. Members of the offense and defense alike easily relate to Ryans not only because of his 10-year NFL career, but because of his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game.

Shortly after the team announced Ryans' promotion, Shanahan shared that there are no plans for the defensive scheme to change. Considering the level of experience of the players returning to the defense, the group is set up for success.

During OTAs, we will see our first glimpse of Ryans in his new role. Known for being a hands-on coach, especially with linebackers Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw during practice, it will be interesting to see how he spends his time on the field. Will he be as hands-on as we have seen in the past, or more supervisory from a distance?

I'm thinking it might change because he's no longer a position coach. If he doesn't trust Holland to coach the LB's in his place, something is wrong there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Don't think you get any until tomorrow

Yeah, going to have to wait.
Originally posted by thl408:

I postulated the same thing in the Ryan thread. Great stuff...thinks he starts at a much higher ceiling than Saleh started at and I would imagine the, "...no plans for the defensive scheme to change" part references where Saleh left off and that was a scheme that had morphed a lot. Maybe he'll add a few more wrinkles of man and more exotic blitzes.
Share 49ersWebzone