LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 86 users in the forums

SS Talanoa Hufanga Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Prayers to Huf and a speedy recovery.🙏
Brown came in and had to play in a tough spot. They picked on him right away and he got burned. What impressed me was that after a couple of early bad plays he settled in and made some good ones down the stretch.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Hate injuries but honestly Huff wasn't playing lights out this year. He wasn't the same since Ryans left.

forget Ryans, he wasn't the same playing all year on the cyst. now, do we know if this is related to the cyst?
  • scuzy
  • Veteran
Huffs been missing tackles a lot this year. Over persuit. Saw a few miss tackles on the 3 game skid.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Hate injuries but honestly Huff wasn't playing lights out this year. He wasn't the same since Ryans left.

forget Ryans, he wasn't the same playing all year on the cyst. now, do we know if this is related to the cyst?

A Baker's cyst hurts, but does not cause an ACL tear.

Clean ACL tear, no other ligaments. He will be fine.
I hate losing any starter but I agree that he wasn't playing great this year. It's not like losing Warner of one of the D line starters. This team has been lucky so far this year with regard to serious injury. Let's hope we don't have any more.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

What's the timeline looking like? OTAs? TC? Preseason?
Next man up. Time for Jair to earn that nickname "Tig".
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'd say TC or sooner.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'd say TC or sooner.

Yes they do amazing things with ACL surgery now. The recovery is much better.

Yeah that's kind of a relief even though still a serious injury. Clean ACL rehabs have a high success rate with how sports medicine is today.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I hate losing any starter but I agree that he wasn't playing great this year. It's not like losing Warner of one of the D line starters. This team has been lucky so far this year with regard to serious injury. Let's hope we don't have any more.

He may not have been playing as well as he did last season, but the big concern right now is depth. If Gipson or Brown get banged up and need a series or two off, it would have to be George Odum coming in right now - and that's scary. There's not much out there available in free agency, either. Landon Collins hasn't been healthy is 2 or 3 years. Eric Rowe was just in Pittsburg for a workout on Friday. Desmond King has played some safety - but we didn't bring him in to try out for slot, so must be a reason. Has Tartt even been seen since being released by the Eagles? Who knows what shape he's in?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
He may not have been playing as well as he did last season, but the big concern right now is depth. If Gipson or Brown get banged up and need a series or two off, it would have to be George Odum coming in right now - and that's scary. There's not much out there available in free agency, either. Landon Collins hasn't been healthy is 2 or 3 years. Eric Rowe was just in Pittsburg for a workout on Friday. Desmond King has played some safety - but we didn't bring him in to try out for slot, so must be a reason. Has Tartt even been seen since being released by the Eagles? Who knows what shape he's in?

gonna pop Tartt back in there
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Prayers to Huf and a speedy recovery.🙏

This. Such a bummer.
Share 49ersWebzone