49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 931 users in the forums

Support Niner faithful NinerBuff's son Theo's fight against cancer Ninertalk Ver

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Thanks guys!

Any time man, you do so much, I loved your 2020 election coverage, it was top notch, you were almost 100% dead on. Look forward to the 2024 election coverage by you. Again, best of luck to Theo, he's in my family prayers, and what I said in the IM, I mean it, we need to help out fellow faithful, and just all around good people like you, and your son doesn't deserve to go through this, no kid should, I hate it, breaks my heart when anyone has cancer, but when it's a kid, it's even worse to me, again prayers to you, Theo and your family.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Getting close

Hey buddy,

I'd like to donate but I'm a bit iffy giving out credit card information... is there any other way to do this?

I lost my bro (leukemia as well) 3 years ago.. I'd really like to help..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Hey buddy,

I'd like to donate but I'm a bit iffy giving out credit card information... is there any other way to do this?

I lost my bro (leukemia as well) 3 years ago.. I'd really like to help..

Here's the gofundme info:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-theo-papathakis-to-fight-leukemia?utm_campaign=p_cp_url&utm_medium=os&utm_source=customer

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. It's definitely a scary time for us, but so far, Theo's doing well.
Originally posted by irishluder:
I've been in the draft forum and didn't see this... my heart goes out to any parent that has to see their child sick! I've been blessed and mine have been healthy thank god...prayers to you and your family from the Bartley family Buff!

Thank you!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Thanks guys!

Any time man, you do so much, I loved your 2020 election coverage, it was top notch, you were almost 100% dead on. Look forward to the 2024 election coverage by you. Again, best of luck to Theo, he's in my family prayers, and what I said in the IM, I mean it, we need to help out fellow faithful, and just all around good people like you, and your son doesn't deserve to go through this, no kid should, I hate it, breaks my heart when anyone has cancer, but when it's a kid, it's even worse to me, again prayers to you, Theo and your family.

I'll definitely do another round of election coverage in 2024!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Thanks guys!

Any time man, you do so much, I loved your 2020 election coverage, it was top notch, you were almost 100% dead on. Look forward to the 2024 election coverage by you. Again, best of luck to Theo, he's in my family prayers, and what I said in the IM, I mean it, we need to help out fellow faithful, and just all around good people like you, and your son doesn't deserve to go through this, no kid should, I hate it, breaks my heart when anyone has cancer, but when it's a kid, it's even worse to me, again prayers to you, Theo and your family.

I'll definitely do another round of election coverage in 2024!
And again, praying for Theo, will help out again as I said, you're a good person, I just read the entire thing, 60 miles from the Hospital, that's rough, and not being eligible for the ronald mcdonald, ridiculous IMO, but we're here for you buddy, you'll get through it, and many more years with your family.

As for the 2024 election, can't wait
Update (and updated the Parking Lot version too):

Last week, Theo's blood counts were good enough to begin the 2nd phase of treatment - Consolidation. This phase has intermittent vomiting, reduced white and red blood cell counts, platelets, and hemoglobin. All of this is expected, as the medications essentially prevent his marrow from producing those parts of the blood itself. He's currently receiving a blood transfusion and may have several more during this phase.

Today, Dr. Gaynon further explained Theo's boon marrow test results. He ran the marrow against a more stringent test (down to 10^-6 level or 1 part per million), and even that test came back negative. This means that there isn't a test available to show the level of leukemia, it's so small. This is obviously great news!

We're starting to get a good idea of the next few months. It'll include two months of Consolidation (we're in week 2). In Consolidation, we're responsible for administering IV chemo meds (see Lindsay in full garb). The next phase (July and August) will include several hospitalizations. Then in September, another Induction phase with steroids and heavy chemo. Finally in October (assuming everything goes well), we'll enter Maintenance phase, with substantially less chemo and CHLA visits.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Update (and updated the Parking Lot version too):

Last week, Theo's blood counts were good enough to begin the 2nd phase of treatment - Consolidation. This phase has intermittent vomiting, reduced white and red blood cell counts, platelets, and hemoglobin. All of this is expected, as the medications essentially prevent his marrow from producing those parts of the blood itself. He's currently receiving a blood transfusion and may have several more during this phase.

Today, Dr. Gaynon further explained Theo's boon marrow test results. He ran the marrow against a more stringent test (down to 10^-6 level or 1 part per million), and even that test came back negative. This means that there isn't a test available to show the level of leukemia, it's so small. This is obviously great news!

We're starting to get a good idea of the next few months. It'll include two months of Consolidation (we're in week 2). In Consolidation, we're responsible for administering IV chemo meds (see Lindsay in full garb). The next phase (July and August) will include several hospitalizations. Then in September, another Induction phase with steroids and heavy chemo. Finally in October (assuming everything goes well), we'll enter Maintenance phase, with substantially less chemo and CHLA visits.

Great to hear the good news in here, please keep us updated, I know you, your wife, and family are busy, again you guys are in our prayers.

And I urge everyone to donate to help Theo's fight, Buff's a great guy.

And no one, especially a 2yr old deserves to go though this.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on May 10, 2021 at 3:58 PM ]
Done. God Bless You All.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone