There are 412 users in the forums

Alex Mack (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Welcome home! What a glorious morning! (Also got my stimmy check and I sign my refinanced home loan today at 3:30 - I'm kinda crushing life today )

was hoping they'd try to get Hudson first
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
Mack is 35yrs old...how much left does he have in the tank? I don't know about this

If the contract is two years (and I have no clue what terms the actual contracts are) I think that's good enough to train up a young draftee to replace Mack . I would think *one* year would be good enough to train up a young center and we can let Mack retire in 2022 or 2023.
Originally posted by Giedi:
If the contract is two years (and I have no clue what terms the actual contracts are) I think that's good enough to train up a young draftee to replace Mack . I would think *one* year would be good enough to train up a young center and we can let Mack retire in 2022 or 2023.

this ^ This is an all in move for the short term as well as potentially being a train the replacement future move. From what I know about Mack he would be the kind of guy who would do just that. Kinda like uncle sherm without the part where we all hated his guts at one time.
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Mar 17, 2021 at 10:17 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Well despite the negatives (age being one - injuries possibly being another) there are some pluses - he knows the system, he knows the pass protection calls, he knows Kyle, and he has experience that would be useful to some young and upcoming player. Finally, he just might end up being a coach someday - and this would be a way for him to get into the coaching ranks as a player for Kyle in his last years and then he just transitions into being an assistant to Kyle after he retires. Sort of like Staley's situation. I think Staley is gearing up to get into the coaching profession by training up those young OLine draftees for the 2021st draft.
Yes!!!

Plan C at 36 years old and we'll have to use a pick on a higher end C and hope that becomes the long term solution but NOT a bad plan C at all. He's the Richard Sherman of C's mentally and leadership.

Congrats on the TW deal. Very impressive.

He's gonna cost twice as much
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
TW is 33. Both have years left.

I really hope you're right
Originally posted by NCommand:
Plan C at 36 years old and we'll have to use a pick on a higher end C and hope that becomes the long term solution but NOT a bad plan C at all. He's the Richard Sherman of C's mentally and leadership.

they're gonna resign Garland and draft a IOL with center flexibility….his name is Kendrick Green and he will be a good starter. thank you.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

they're gonna resign Garland and draft a IOL with center flexibility….his name is Kendrick Green and he will be a good starter. thank you.

Yes. We all know Mack is a ~2 year idea with us still drafting a rookie this year to groom. Fine by me. Pick a center in round 2 for all I care... after a tackle/guard in the first!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yes. We all know Mack is a ~2 year idea with us still drafting a rookie this year to groom. Fine by me. Pick a center in round 2 for all I care... after a tackle/guard in the first!

Sounds like a Plan! I'm buying what you're all sellin'
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

Naw he'll probably get close to what Lindsley got. Not saying he's not worth it. Plus Shanny's more familiar with Mack and he might be a better scheme fit.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Sounds like a Plan! I'm buying what you're all sellin'

I'm in. I certainly would have preferred Lindsey/Hudson as the long term plan and save that draft pick but this is certainly not a bad idea or option either. The key is finding his young replacement to meet Mack peak play standards. Remember, that's what we brought Sherman here for and we never found his young replacement. Not even close.
How is his health? any surgeries this offseason?
Share 49ersWebzone