LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Alex Mack (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
49ers fans are going to be pissed now that Jimmy G will have pass protection

So true. But if that 6th Lombardi appears in 4949 Marie P. Debartolo way, the Jimmy Hate club is going to dissolve.
Fired up!

This is the year that proves which argument is correct. Wait and see is no longer an option.
Most obvious signing of the offseason considering the 49ers need and Mack being from California, his connections to Shanahan and knowledge of the offense. If he can give them a couple solid years while they develop a young center behind him, this could turn out to be a very good move.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Most obvious signing of the offseason considering the 49ers need and Mack being from California, his connections to Shanahan and knowledge of the offense. If he can give them a couple solid years while they develop a young center behind him, this could turn out to be a very good move.

Add the fact every time Kyle had Mack as his center in Cleveland and ATL his offense took off
Welcome home! What a glorious morning! (Also got my stimmy check and I sign my refinanced home loan today at 3:30 - I'm kinda crushing life today )
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Welcome home! What a glorious morning! (Also got my stimmy check and I sign my refinanced home loan today at 3:30 - I'm kinda crushing life today )

"Well, I guess someone deserves two bags of honey roasted peanuts."
Originally posted by Giedi:

So true. But if that 6th Lombardi appears in 4949 Marie P. Debartolo way, the Jimmy Hate club is going to dissolve.

If it does it will probably be because Jimmy got noticeably better, and if he gets noticeably better, there will be nothing to hate. It's about production, not love or hate. His production so far flat out isn't good enough to consider the position solved. But if he improves, what is there not to like?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Add the fact every time Kyle had Mack as his center in Cleveland and ATL his offense took off

Agree. Very great points to both! Now we need a young Trent Williams 2.0 and a young Alex Mack 2.0 in the draft! ShanaLynch has 3 fifth rounders in the draft, two future hall of fame 5th round picks should do it.
"Well, I guess someone deserves two bags of honey roasted peanuts."
I guess I do

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
It's about production, not love or hate. His production so far flat out isn't good enough to consider the position solved. But if he improves, what is there not to like?

Can we just make this an auto-response in this forum somewhere? Next to the "clear" "Post this reply" button would be perfect. I could just hit this over and over in the Jimmy G thread and it would save me so much time. Thanks in advance
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Mack is 35yrs old...how much left does he have in the tank? I don't know about this
A 50 year old Joe Staley would put play McGlinchy last year so I don't care how old this dude is. It's a good signing
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Giedi:

If it does it will probably be because Jimmy got noticeably better, and if he gets noticeably better, there will be nothing to hate. It's about production, not love or hate. His production so far flat out isn't good enough to consider the position solved. But if he improves, what is there not to like?

Meh, some folks are always going to find something wrong with Jimmy, even if he wins 5 Lombardi's for the 49ers. I mean look at Tom Brady, there are a ton of folks who have a very low opinion of him despite all he's accomplished. I think it's just the nature of being in the spotlight. Personally I don't have a problem with the Jimmy Hate Club, I think it's ok to have a different opinion of Jimmy that's opposed to the general consensus. Otherwise why have an opinion board in the first place, and in the second place it would be really boring if everybody agreed with everybody.
Originally posted by dmax:
Mack is 35yrs old...how much left does he have in the tank? I don't know about this

TW is 33. Both have years left.
Share 49ersWebzone