LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Restrictions in Santa Clara may force 49ers to practice/play elsewhere (No politics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know people think Santa Clara is too strict. maybe they are but they have a large population and they're trying to control this virus the best they can. Comments about colleges allowing fans are silly. There are numerous college games cancelled every week because of outbreaks.

I'm guessing the county and the 49ers will work something out like additional testing after traveling or something. Maybe they play in a bubble the rest of the year and stay at a hotel. These new restrictions will only affect 3 games. Two when Washington and Buffalo visit and the final game against Seattle. They should be able to work something out for 3 games.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
One phone call from Goodell to the governor will clear this up. Big money talks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I was going to say let's just move everything to Stanford, but Stanford is in Santa Clara County, too.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by bsyde82:
anyone completely sick of these restrictions and feel they're completely unjustified at this point? I have to believe there are other fellow niner fans who feel this way. I know we live in a more liberal area where expressing this opinion is more problematic. But man, watching these college games in the south with fans, how does one not wonder just wtf is going on? Yea, I see public health officials scare mongering about CASES! but you'd have to rely solely on these pronouncements to even know something is going on at this point.

Cause we're in a nation wide pandemic with 250k plus Americans dead, a serious virus, those states have GOP leaders who are morons and don't care about the safety of the people.

Yeah, the California lockdowns sure helped.
So glad I don't live in California, they can absolutely f**k off with their stupid Covid gestapo tactics. Such liberal horses**t. I live in Missouri with way looser restrictions and there haven't been any spikes in the virus.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Nov 28, 2020 at 3:32 PM ]
Commiefornia Is at it again.

What a joke
Originally posted by ninerjok:
So glad I don't live in California, they can absolutely f**k off with their stupid Covid gestapo tactics. Such liberal horses**t. I live in Missouri with way looser restrictions and there haven't been any spikes in the virus.

lol your ignorance to facts and science are baffling
Id get a kick out of seeing us play a couple of home games in oakland
Originally posted by mayo49:
We might have to practice and play else where.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/28/new-restrictions-in-santa-clara-may-force-49ers-to-practice-and-play-elsewhere/

https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=142543

https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=142542

At the rate this season is going, a change of scenery might be just what we need.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Antix:
Seen this coming from a mile away. Santa Clara hates the Niners so I knew they'd make it as hard as possible for the Niners to play. The Niners will probably be the last team allowed to play with fans depending on how long this goes on.

this ^^^

Forfeit the season. Should NEVER have started the season in the first place.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I know people think Santa Clara is too strict. maybe they are but they have a large population and they're trying to control this virus the best they can. Comments about colleges allowing fans are silly. There are numerous college games cancelled every week because of outbreaks.

I'm guessing the county and the 49ers will work something out like additional testing after traveling or something. Maybe they play in a bubble the rest of the year and stay at a hotel. These new restrictions will only affect 3 games. Two when Washington and Buffalo visit and the final game against Seattle. They should be able to work something out for 3 games.

LA is dealing with when worst Covid numbers than the Bay Area and Santa. They also have nighttime restrictions. But we're playing there tomorrow.

The difference is SC added in the contact sports restrictions.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Nov 28, 2020 at 6:11 PM ]
I'd support the 49ers moving

f**k Cali
Originally posted by dangerbird:
Forfeit the season. Should NEVER have started the season in the first place.

Yeah let's cancel everything
Please just stop this madness and cancel the season. We all know Santa Clara hates the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone