LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Who stays and who goes this offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After yet another loss and more injuries in NOLA, this season is over. Time to stop thinking about the future. Let's start taking stock position by position on who stays and who goes.

Pick you side and make a list.

Offense
QB
RB
TE
WR
OL

Defense
DL
LB
CB
S

Special Teams
K
P
KR
I'll start with who stays:

Offense
QB - None guaranteed
RB - Mostert, Juice, and Hasty
TE - Kittle, Reed and Woerner
WR - Deebo, Aiyuk
OL - T. Williams, Tomlinson, Brunskill (OT) McKivitz

Defense
DL - Bosa, AA, Hyder
LB - Warner, Greenlaw
CB - Verrett, Moseley
S - Moore, Ward (unless we can trade him)

Special Teams
K - None
P - Wishnowski
KR - None

That's it for now. Front office has a lot of work to do.
I agree but AA and Ward can kick rocks
These players are staying, the rest are gone

Offense

QB - Garappolo (why not, Shanahan can't win without him anyway), Mullens
RB - Mostert, Juice
TE - Kittle, Reed
WR - Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd
OL - T. Williams, Tomlinson, Brunskill, McGlinchey, McKivitz

Defense
DL - Bosa, AA, Hyder, Street, Givens, Kinlaw, Dee Ford (yep, bad contract, so hes staying)
LB - Warner, Greenlaw
CB - Verrett, Moseley
S - Moore, Ward (another bad contract)

Special Teams
K - Gould
P - Wishnowski
KR - None
Originally posted by lamontb:
I agree but AA and Ward can kick rocks

yes!
Offense
QB - Mullens
RB - Mosert, Wilson
TE - Kittle and Reed
WR - Aiyuk, Samuels, Bourne, Hurd, James
OL - Williams, Lake, Brunskill, Garland

Defense
DL - Kinlaw, Jones, Hyder, Bosa, Armstead , Street, Willis,
LB - Warner, Greenlaw
CB - Sherman, Mosley, Verrett, Williams,
S - Moore, Ward

Special Teams
K
P
KR
I'll go with a mix of guys I'd like to keep plus guys who are either already on contract and cheap next year or have a contract that's difficult to get out of/move.

Offense
QB Rookie, Mullens (Backup only)
RB Mostert, Juice, Wilson, Hasty
TE Kittle, Reed, Woerner
WR Deebo, Aiyuk, James,
OL Williams, McGlinchy, Richburg, Garland, McKivitz, Brunskill

Defense
DL Bosa, AA, Jones, Kinlaw, Hyder, Street, Willis, Blair
LB Warner, Greenlaw
CB Moseley, Williams, Verrett/Sherm (One or the other, I don't think we can afford both)
S Ward, Moore

Special Teams
K
P Wish
KR

That's 35 players. There's others who are contracted cheap who I'd keep through camp at least, but they have to prove themselves obviously. Probably missed someone as well. I'm not against bringing Bourne back but it depends on what sort of money. If James keeps flashing it makes too much sense to keep him considering his minimal contract next year.

I also expect free agency to be a bit nuts this year so if we can find value there's a few guys I named who are on cheaper contracts but are definitely replaceable, especially those with injury history.

Main casualties are Jimmy, Ford, Tomlinson, and Nzeocha who would free up around 35-36 million (maybe more if we designate Ford a post June 1 cut and are willing to take on a larger dead money hit in 2022 if I'm understanding it correctly). Tartt, Thomas, Coleman, Spoon, Beathard all let go, and as previously mentioned it may come down to Verrett or Sherm (hopefully not).

Biggest needs are clearly QB and OL (guard especially). Also need to replenish our secondary, WR, and LB. Kicker I left as ???. He's reliable but expensive for a kicker. Most likely he stays, would only consider cutting him as last resort.
QB- None
RB- Mostert, McKinnon, Wilson Jr., Hasty
FB- Juszczyk
TE- Kittle, Reed, Dwelley, Woerner
WR- Samuel, Aiyuk, James, Hurd
T- Williams, McGlinchey, Skule
G- Tomlinson, Brunskill, McKivitz
C- None

DL- Bosa, Ford, Kinlaw, Armstead, Hyder Jr., Jones, Jordan, Willis, Street, Blair
LB- Warner, Greenlaw
CB- Verrett, Moseley, Williams
S- Moore, Harris

K- Gould
P- Wishnowsky
LS- Who Cares

1. Offseason Plan should be to let Jimmy and Sherman go to free up significant cap space.
2. We are set at RB, TE and FB.
3. Gonna need a couple of depth pieces at WR. Sign a vet or two to compete in training camp and maybe take a late round pick on a developmental WR.
4. Center is going to be a priority in Free Agency. Need another Guard as well.
5. Defensive Line is set. Ford could be let go but I think they will keep him hoping he can provide some production. If he is let go, going to need another EDGE rusher.
6. Fresh faces at both backup LB spots needed.
7. Going to need to rework the secondary through Free Agency and the Draft.

What my plan would be in the offseason:

I'd love to trade up in the Draft and get one of the top QB's. Address C/G/CB/S in Free Agency and supplement the rest of the roster with whatever draft picks remain.
[ Edited by HarbaughzDeep on Nov 15, 2020 at 7:11 PM ]
Ad long as Ward Taylor and Tartt are gone it will be a great start
Can we add Hightower to the needs to go list. As well as our O line coach.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Yah'll may wanna watch this #24 kid from Notre Dame... we can draft him as early as 4th and he can really replace Juice. .. he can be that special H-BACK (TE/FB)..

TOMMY TREMBLE !!
Can't stand our CB's & Safety. Fk it clean house in the secondary. So far only Williams deserves to stay.

E-Man is exactly what I knew he's be and is avg. has some great moments then gets picked on and he just falls down the rabbit hole.
f**k Spoon. He's too fkn soft. He might as well hang it up because he's pretty much a wasted roster spot.
Sherm: dude is on the wrong side of the football gods time scales. Idk if a move to safety will do much improvement.

Ward: so frustrating at times. I'm really thinking he's just on the wrong end of the stick. So many injuries up front and your CB's suck ass.. he's like a dog with two dicks out there.
Tartt: guy can't stay healthy either
Moore: JFC this is the Zones love fest here. He's 2nd string for a fkn reason.
Harris: classic go for the knockout hit every game.. and make sure to take yourself out of the play while trying to lay the KO

I'm used to it. We haven't had legit CB's since the 80's. Early 90's was a tease. Kinda like foreplay. It's just how the Niners roll.
If the 49ers waste precious cap space by resigning Trent Williams, this team will never sniff the Super Bowl again. Not for the next few years at least. Williams is a huge liability.

He has not been an adequate replacement for the retired Joe Staley. The best move is to trade back from the high pick we will receive for this crappy season and hopefully land two picks, one in the first and hopefully another high in the second, and use them both on beefing up the offensive line. This includes a new left tackle and possibly a center. Quality guards can be found in the 3rd and even the 4th rounds.

The 49ers have plenty of talent at wide receiver, RB and TE, provided they can all stay healthy (I know that's a BIG if). But I'm not sure if McGlinchey is ready or even good enough to take over that left tackle spot that Staley manned for so long. This team has felt his absence the most. The blocking has been mostly putrid, leading to hurt QB's and an ineffective running game.

Get rid of Trent.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
If the 49ers waste precious cap space by resigning Trent Williams, this team will never sniff the Super Bowl again. Not for the next few years at least. Williams is a huge liability.

He has not been an adequate replacement for the retired Joe Staley. The best move is to trade back from the high pick we will receive for this crappy season and hopefully land two picks, one in the first and hopefully another high in the second, and use them both on beefing up the offensive line. This includes a new left tackle and possibly a center. Quality guards can be found in the 3rd and even the 4th rounds.

The 49ers have plenty of talent at wide receiver, RB and TE, provided they can all stay healthy (I know that's a BIG if). But I'm not sure if McGlinchey is ready or even good enough to take over that left tackle spot that Staley manned for so long. This team has felt his absence the most. The blocking has been mostly putrid, leading to hurt QB's and an ineffective running game.

Get rid of Trent.

He's been an upgrade to Joe
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Get rid of Trent.
Lol
Share 49ersWebzone