LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Do we still make the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we still make the playoffs?

Based on everything thus far, no. The 49ers could lose another four games in the division alone. Maybe even all five
The offense still has some fire power and if Kinlaw can grow up quickly and produce we have a decent shot. Keep in mind the way players are going down across the league it could come down to last man standing.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The offense still has some fire power and if Kinlaw can grow up quickly and produce we have a decent shot. Keep in mind the way players are going down across the league it could come down to last man standing.

That's a good point. A lot of other teams are watching guys go down. It's going to continue to happen.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I would say highly unlikely. But, even if we did, it would be academic. I just can't see how we can beat the top teams.
Originally posted by Costanza:
I think they'll make it....but I don't think they have a legit shot to win it all without Bosa unless Lynch pulls off a couple miracle moves mid-season.

Man, today had me bummed out. Sometimes it's just not your year.

Yea like trade for Odell and idk that pass rusher from a losing team who is serviceable, then maybe we may be ok, but yes I agree we need to trade for a playmaker or 2 at this point because the nfc is stacked
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its a long season but odds drop significantly when a third of the starters and best players are significantly injured.
You are right about the odds dropping . Wonder what the books will open up tmw in Vegas
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Costanza:
I think they'll make it....but I don't think they have a legit shot to win it all without Bosa unless Lynch pulls off a couple miracle moves mid-season.

Man, today had me bummed out. Sometimes it's just not your year.

Yea like trade for Odell and idk that pass rusher from a losing team who is serviceable, then maybe we may be ok, but yes I agree we need to trade for a playmaker or 2 at this point because the nfc is stacked

Yeah. With the loss of Bosa, the Niners are probably a couple high-level difference makers away from getting back to competing for the Super Bowl this year.

The defense without Bosa and with Buckner gone is now considerably worse than last years defense in terms of talent.

The offense has already been lacking that true difference making #1 WR....I'd love Odell but not sure how they can make it work with the cap. If they can make it work somehow, then I'd be all for trying to bring him in. I'd rather pay Odell big money than some of the players currently on this roster that are making big $$$.
[ Edited by Costanza on Sep 20, 2020 at 10:24 PM ]
Yes.

In 2022
I´d say 10-6 if everything goes right from now and we lose the wild card game.

I just don´t see a way we can beat Wilson or Brees.
Season over. Will be lucky to break .500

In our division? No.. 6-10 I'm looking at. Defense just isn't the same, even when Bosa was on the field. Serious upgrades needed in the secondary.
we make the dance, Jimmy G and the Offense carry us all the way to the chip with mvp performances from everyone.. defense plays okay but makes the plays when needed. The 49ers get full healthy the next season and repeat. 30 years later on espn a 30 for 30... the Dynasty that no one saw coming.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
we make the dance, Jimmy G and the Offense carry us all the way to the chip with mvp performances from everyone.. defense plays okay but makes the plays when needed. The 49ers get full healthy the next season and repeat. 30 years later on espn a 30 for 30... the Dynasty that no one saw coming.

Ultimate prediction .....but it just goes to show how hard it is to get there and 49ers have to capitalize once we do. It was amazing to watch them get there 7 times but sucks that the last time they won, I was in college.
If we do, we sneak in a a wild card. But we lost our defensive centerpiece.. I think we'll still be competitive but this team is lacking at Wr, cb, and Dl now..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The only big loss were going to have when everyone gets back is Bosa. I think we'll be ok, but don't expect a deep playoff run.
Share 49ersWebzone