LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Do we still make the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we still make the playoffs?

Good chance I am wrong here, but I look at the DNA of this team and I see a squad that could replicate those Giants and Ravens teams that were counted out at mid season, then turned it on late, got a wild card and road warriored to the SB.

This team has fought through much adversity before, I believe in them. Let the media fawn over Seattle/LA/NO/KC, while we resurge at the right time.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Sep 20, 2020 at 11:09 PM ]
Wild card and a 2nd round exit, unless everyone but bosa comes back on or right after the rams game and stays healthy, then we could still beat any nfc team imo.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
It's starting look ugly with all the injuries. I say f**k it "Tank for Trevor."

Let's be honest. We're easily the third best team in the division, maybe even last. I think if we had to play the Rams next week, they would whip our ass.

I hope I'm wrong, but be prepared for an ugly season.
Originally posted by obx49:
It's starting look ugly with all the injuries. I say f**k it "Tank for Trevor."

Let's be honest. We're easily the third best team in the division, maybe even last. I think if we had to play the Rams next week, they would whip our ass.

I hope I'm wrong, but be prepared for an ugly season.

Let's be honest, if we are relatively healthy we are easily the best team in the division. Injured up the ass we could still be the best team in the division bc Seattles D sucks and the cardinals D isn't good either. Not to mention both their OL's suck. The Rams are still the rams. An 8-8 team
Playoffs? I'll be shocked if we win a single division game TBPH.
I will say this.... as of this moment, the offense is relatively healthy. Jimmys gonna miss some time, but him, kittle, and deebo should all return before the schedule gets tough.

If Kyle is the offensive guru they say he is, our defense only has to be serviceable. These defensive injuries suck for sure, but so far as I can remember Kyles offense should be >>>>> salehs defense

No excuses to be offensively meh.

If we can split with 2 of the three divisional games we can to the dance. That's a tall order
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 21, 2020 at 2:34 AM ]
Still early in the season. I say yes. 14 games to go.
You can't base questions like this off the players we currently have out due to injury cause that is not the same we will have going forward. We will lose more starters next week, an more the week after that an so on. So no I don't think we should hope for playoffs, all our 2nd stringers won't stand a chance against teams like seattle or New Orleans. If we do make the playoffs Wel get our asses kicked round 1 by an inferior team like Gb or Minnesota.

Sry it's just the reality of our situation. We lose starters every week. Not every team suffers that many losses.
I had us at 10-6 but 9-7 is looking more real. Can all 4 NFCW teams make it? LOL
Unfortunately I don't believe we will. 4 players lost in a single game...SMH on that one. From the first game until he went out yesterday, Jimmy doesn't look too confident out there. I believe our pass defense is trouble. Jet receivers were open, I mean wide OPEN. Good teams will exploit that. I know football is a gladiator sport and injuries will happen, but man, what's going on here is just unbelievable. I'm disappointed like everyone else. Seems like our Receivers and Defensive backs are always injured first before anyone else. Looks like we may have to lower expectations until we can figure out how to get over this injury syndrome.

1 game at a time, these next 3 weeks are huge for us, Shanahan has to show his genius and our D has to be great like they shown to be in the past, even without Bosa they have to step up bc we can't put the games on Mullens back, we don't know how long Jimmy is out, but Kittle, Deebo, Mostert and Sherm should def be back by the rams game and that's when the real tough games start.
[ Edited by jersey49er on Sep 21, 2020 at 5:04 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If we dobt face another single injury then yes. But it's only week 3. Theres more coming.

We definitely have a deep team and if we can hang on then we'll make.it but its going to be a bumpy ride.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
rather not. save the embarrassment
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chez:
rather not. save the embarrassment

And also get a better draft position.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Chez: