LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Letting sanders go was a mistake?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Letting sanders go was a mistake?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We used good draft capital to get him near mid season. Fortunately we made a super bowl run so it was worth it but now we pay the price.

Yup. That hurt. I hope Kyle can make that up with his genius offensive mind, but he has to call a better game than last time. Yeah, having a shot at the big game is always worth it. Now looking in hindsight, (20/20 I know) it wasnt worth it. I'd love to have those picks back for this year's draft, if I knew we'd lose #2 super bowl but at least it wasn't a number 1 pick that was traded.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes so was trading Buckner and paying armsdud and ward.

This front office really f**ked up this off season.

I think the jury is still out on that. After all its only the first game of the season. Now, if AA and Ward have a whole 15 game season of suck, then I totally agree with you. As for Buckner, he was going to be expensive and blow the cap. We do miss his talents, but signing him would have put us well on our way to cap hell.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think the jury is still out on that. After all its only the first game of the season. Now, if AA and Ward have a whole 15 game season of suck, then I totally agree with you. As for Buckner, he was going to be expensive and blow the cap. We do miss his talents, but signing him would have put us well on our way to cap hell.

Trust me bro I ain't not never wrong.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Trust me bro I ain't not never wrong.

Trust me Sus, I've never seen you "Write."
The mistake was not cutting Kwon Alexander, I don't care if there was a cap hit. Any savings would've been worth it
Deion Sanders or Emmanuel sanders
I think I would rather have had the 3rd and 4th round picks. If he had stayed that would be different. But obviously hindsight is 20/20.
Originally posted by dhp318:
The mistake was not cutting Kwon Alexander, I don't care if there was a cap hit. Any savings would've been worth it

There wouldn't have been any.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
There wouldn't have been any.

Only because the 49ers restructured it during 2019
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by BumCity:
No, not really. It feels that way right now, because our top WRs are out, but that might change once they come back. However, Jimmy did seem to trust Sanders and refuses to try to trust our other WRs, so if that doesn't change then it will look like a mistake.

Agree. good post and great insight.

Yeah, I have to agree - that is a good post.

Holy s**t, I must've been drunker than I thought when I originally read that post. I swear it said "didn't trust" Sanders. These Friday nights locked up at home getting to me

Do you think sanders left cause of jimmy g?

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I mean, if you were a WR nearing the end of your career, would you rather play with Drew Brees or Jimmy Garoppolo?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I mean, if you were a WR nearing the end of your career, would you rather play with Drew Brees or Jimmy Garoppolo?

Just wait with Michael Thomas being out for 4-6 weeks this thread is going to blow up
Originally posted by 49ers808:

jimmy g. potential kill shots add a thrill to the game.
Share 49ersWebzone