LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

Letting sanders go was a mistake?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Letting sanders go was a mistake?

Originally posted by 9moon:
TRADING for him was a mistake !!

How can you say that when he broke wide open for the Super Bowl winning touchdown it's not his fault jimmy over threw him. Are you perhaps insinuating that trading for Jimmy Garoppolo was the mistake?..
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Only in hindsight.

Nah. I've been harping on this since day 1.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Only in hindsight.

If Samuel & Aiyuk had been in the lineup last week instead of out, no one would be pining for Sanders.
Have to see what Aiyuk can do this year before we determine that imo.
We used good draft capital to get him near mid season. Fortunately we made a super bowl run so it was worth it but now we pay the price.

Uh, no the Niners appeared in the super bowl, andy GM and HC would make that trade every day
I ALWAYS felt that letting the best WR on the team go, was a mistake. He brought the WR room together. The rumors were the Niners never made an offer to him. They were busy with Buckner, who got traded, and they signed Armstead, which I think no one saw coming.

So yes a huge mistake.......
In hindsight, you're 100% right.
Losing any fairly high draft pick for a rental was tough when you lose the big game.
Especially when he was part of the biggest offensive play in that game that was missed. (Could he have laid out for it?)
For some reason Jimmy's long ball seems to cause WR's to end up on the ground. Even in NO, Sanders fell and had to get back up and run for the TD
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We used good draft capital to get him near mid season. Fortunately we made a super bowl run so it was worth it but now we pay the price.

It was just unfortunate that we couldn't keep him. I was hoping they'd be able to keep him.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I ALWAYS felt that letting the best WR on the team go, was a mistake. He brought the WR room together. The rumors were the Niners never made an offer to him. They were busy with Buckner, who got traded, and they signed Armstead, which I think no one saw coming.

So yes a huge mistake.......

I think Shanny felt like he could get a replacement in the draft thats why. Lets just hope Aiyuk and/or Sanu can produce this Sunday.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes so was trading Buckner and paying armsdud and ward.

This front office really f**ked up this off season.
Imma wait to see Aiyuk and not react to only being 0-1
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
FO made 3 huge mistakes this offseason.
Buckner
Sanders
Armstead extension
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Only in hindsight.

If Samuel & Aiyuk had been in the lineup last week instead of out, no one would be pining for Sanders.

Completely agree
But the problem is we didn't let sanders go. He wanted to go where he got more passes...and probably more $$. That's a lot different than we just cut him loose.
Share 49ersWebzone