LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 367 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NY JETS ✈️ Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NY JETS ✈️ Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 2

Originally posted by NYniner85:

yeah he cant jump in the facility and practice with them right away because of covid stuff
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by susweel:
We might win a close game but don't surprised if they take another L.

If we lose to the Jets, I will 100% start hitting the panic button at that point.

It's a long season I wouldn't panic just yet.

I think the fact that we played so horrendous in all phases and still were one play away from beating Arizona speaks volumes honestly. It's why I'm not panicking yet. But a loss to NYJ who has far less talent across the board would indicate we've got real issues.

we most definitely didnt play "horrendous" in "all phases". stop making s**t up and go re-watch the game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Every once in a while I read a story about Frank Gore, and it amazed me that he's still playing in the NFL. And how much I love Frank, and how much he bleeds Red and Gold Niner

I wish we could have kept Frank. I think Kyle would have been able to use him somehow in his offense. At least I'd like to think so.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Every once in a while I read a story about Frank Gore, and it amazed me that he's still playing in the NFL. And how much I love Frank, and how much he bleeds Red and Gold Niner

I wish we could have kept Frank. I think Kyle would have been able to use him somehow in his offense. At least I'd like to think so.

Kyle likes speed. Gore lost his speed years ago. Gore is a power running back. not really zone. not even close.
Crowder still out with the hammy...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Kyle likes speed. Gore lost his speed years ago. Gore is a power running back. not really zone. not even close.

I know, and Kyle doesn't like RPO QB's like RG3, but he made it work. Point is, it would have been a nice story to have Gore back on the team and have Kyle actually use him and have him be productive. I mean Jeff Wilson is sorta like Gore. He doesn't have 4.3 speed either. Oh well.
49ers are banged up on both sides of the ball. So are the Jets. No Leveon Bell, no Denzel Mims and their OL is nicked up. Pass rush and running game will be key. I expect us to put our faith in the run and hope for timely plays from the receivers. If Jimmy can take off the blinders and hit guys when they're open, we'll blow out the Jets.

49ers 31, Jets 16

If we lose to the Jets, I will 100% start hitting the panic button at that point.

I think the fact that we played so horrendous in all phases and still were one play away from beating Arizona speaks volumes honestly. It's why I'm not panicking yet. But a loss to NYJ who has far less talent across the board would indicate we've got real issues.

we most definitely didnt play "horrendous" in "all phases". stop making s**t up and go re-watch the game.

I have Sky, lol. Chill bro! Maybe I wasn't totally clear that I meant we had horrendous plays in all phases, not necessarily played terrible all day. We gave up a ton of 3rd downs on defense, including several third and longs. A 25 yard run on 3rd and 17, a holding on 3rd and 10, etc. -- at one point we gave up four consecutive third down conversions. Cards missed opportunities as well. Score definitely could've been uglier.

On offense, Mostert was limited to 3.7 YPC and we gave up 3 sacks. Jimmy almost fumbled three times without even being touched, and overthrew or underthrew guys all day.

On STs, our kick coverage allowed a 42 yard return and a blocked kick on the day. The Cardinals nearly blocked an XP as well.

Across the board we had a LOT of ugly play, sloppy miscues, and missed opportunities. I guess based on the standard, compared to a super bowl squad, it seemed horrendous to me.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 17, 2020 at 9:51 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

in the grand scheme of things. especially now.. running back is the least of our worries

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
You people are ridiculous. Worst fans ever. Jimmy missed some balls, but statistically he had a good game.

Statistics are for delusional fans.

I know, and Kyle doesn't like RPO QB's like RG3, but he made it work. Point is, it would have been a nice story to have Gore back on the team and have Kyle actually use him and have him be productive. I mean Jeff Wilson is sorta like Gore. He doesn't have 4.3 speed either. Oh well.

he preferred cousins. he had no say in who they drafted. RG3 was that management's golden boy. so it's really not the same thing, no.

I have Sky, lol. Chill bro! Maybe I wasn't totally clear that I meant we had horrendous plays in all phases, not necessarily played terrible all day. We gave up a ton of 3rd downs on defense, including several third and longs. A 25 yard run on 3rd and 17, a holding on 3rd and 10, etc. -- at one point we gave up four consecutive third down conversions. Cards missed opportunities as well. Score definitely could've been uglier.

On offense, Mostert was limited to 3.7 YPC and we gave up 3 sacks. Jimmy almost fumbled three times without even being touched, and overthrew or underthrew guys all day.

On STs, our kick coverage allowed a 42 yard return and a blocked kick on the day. The Cardinals nearly blocked an XP as well.

Across the board we had a LOT of ugly play, sloppy miscues, and missed opportunities. I guess based on the standard, compared to a super bowl squad, it seemed horrendous to me.

ST and Offense sucked. Defense did their job for the most part until the 4th. oh god that sounds awfully too familiar.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by BumCity:
Best QB since Young? He's arguably not even the best QB we've had since Hoyer. How many years does he get to coast on that 5 game stretch in 2017?

Mods...it appears someone is here just to troll.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Can you imagine this place on Sunday if we lose? 😂

I left at 1/2 time last week,too much pessimism.
Damn, I hope we win this Sunday. Everyone is fighting each other here in NT...LoL.
Share 49ersWebzone