There are 286 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NY JETS ✈️ Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NY JETS ✈️ Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 2

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We might win a close game but don't surprised if they take another L.

If we lose to the Jets, I will 100% start hitting the panic button at that point.

It's a long season I wouldn't panic just yet.

Way to go Sus...good man.

Meh the seasons statistically over starting 0-2. Since the expanded playoff format only 3 teams have ever won the superbowl starting 0-2. The Cowboys when emit smith held out the first 2 games. The Patriots when Bledsoe got hurt and Tom Brady won it for them and the fluky giants win when Brady was off his game.

I guess some fans consider it a good season if their team makes the playoffs though so for those fans it's not over.

Lose to the Jets might as well see what Mullens has seasons already over for those that want to win the sb.

I don't consider that throwing in the towel either it's just the same type of miracle change that would need to happen to have any chance of winning a sb. Like the Bledsoe Brady season.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Sep 16, 2020 at 11:03 PM ]
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

If we lose to the Jets, I will 100% start hitting the panic button at that point.

Meh the seasons statistically over starting 0-2. Since the expanded playoff format only 3 teams have ever won the superbowl starting 0-2. The Cowboys when emit smith held out the first 2 games. The Patriots when Bledsoe got hurt and Tom Brady won it for them and the fluky giants win when Brady was off his game.

I guess some fans consider it a good season if their team makes the playoffs though so for those fans it's not over.

Lose to the Jets might as well see what Mullens has seasons already over for those that want to win the sb.

I don't consider that throwing in the towel either it's just the same type of miracle change that would need to happen to have any chance of winning a sb. Like the Bledsoe Brady season.

People still think we can win the Super Bowl? I don't see how anyone can think this is a Super Bowl winning team after what we saw on Sunday unless they believe every other team in the league will be wiped out by COVID.

Playoffs? As a wildcard, maybe, but right now we look like the worst team in the division.
[ Edited by BumCity on Sep 16, 2020 at 11:09 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BumCity:

People still think we can win the Super Bowl? I don't see how anyone can think this is a Super Bowl winning team after what we saw on Sunday unless they believe every other team in the league will be wiped out by COVID.

Playoffs? As a wildcard, maybe, but right now we look like the worst team in the division.

Yeah, we got a tough schedule, too. Going to be tough to make the Super Bowl again.

Yah because 1 game makes a damn season
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

We're in the toughest division in football. One game might be the difference between first place and third or fourth place.

We're in the toughest division in football. One game might be the difference between first place and third or fourth place.

Lol every 0-1 team is hoping COVID cancels the season. I'm still not calling the season official until we make it to week 5 without players getting wiped out due to COVID-19.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn 49ers regular season action.

I had SF splitting with AZ and Seattle, they're just gonna have to win week 16 instead of week 1.

This was the worst possible matchup for us in week 1. AZ had a massive advantage with not needing a real off season to practice on that one read RPO scramble offense lol...Teams are usually worse at tackling early in the season (especially this yr)....perfect storm for AZ and they still barely won.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, it's a tough division, but I think loses outside the division will be our downfall.
Has Verrett checked in healthy and ready to step up?

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
You people are ridiculous. Worst fans ever. Jimmy missed some balls, but statistically he had a good game.
Screw statistics. This isn't fantasy football or madden. Wins are ALL that matter
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:
Has Verrett checked in healthy and ready to step up?

I don't think he's practicing yet.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Hopefully this team isn't the same team that ends the season. With Deebo and Aiyuk back and hopefully Kinlaw making an impact later in the season, this team will be a different team than the one that started 0-1. As of now, because of the Plague and no preseason, its a really abnormal year and you really can't compare this year to any previous years statistically. In other words, even if its 0-2 after this weekend, I dont think the season is over. But another loss will definitely raise some alarm bells with me.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I had SF splitting with AZ and Seattle, they're just gonna have to win week 16 instead of week 1.

This was the worst possible matchup for us in week 1. AZ had a massive advantage with not needing a real off season to practice on that one read RPO scramble offense lol...Teams are usually worse at tackling early in the season (especially this yr)....perfect storm for AZ and they still barely won.

agree. A lot of football still left to be played. There is going to be injuries to the rest of the NFC west also, and hopefully this team ends strong. Hopefully the end of the year, we are a lot healthier than we are now and also healthier than the rest of the NGC west. (Like last year)
Every once in a while I read a story about Frank Gore, and it amazed me that he's still playing in the NFL. And how much I love Frank, and how much he bleeds Red and Gold Niner
Share 49ersWebzone