Originally posted by John_Candy:
Pathetic. JG was garbage. He took too many sacks. Constantly stared down his first read. Was inaccurate and didn't throw with anticipation.
Coverage and tackling were trash. Saleh can't keep a lead as usual. Ford did nothing unless I missed something.
Might not make the playoffs.
Overall, I felt like the team weren't ready to play.
Right off the bat, we were losing the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball. The O-line was very so so. However, the D-line was worse, practically missing in action. I thought may be after last season Saleh would learn how to stop Kyler Murray. Where was the spy? Nothing.
Last year even when Jimmy G was starting slow after his ACL, the rest of the team was still great which made it possible for us to win so many games even before we got things going. Today's performance was just sloppy and the players lacked heart. The Cards wanted this game more than us. I guess we just expected the game to be handed to us just because we went to the Super Bowl last year.
This is a huge wake-up call, if we can't turn things around immediately, yes I think we could miss the playoffs. Did you watch the Seahawks game today? They played way better than us.