LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

Dion Jordan DE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yea he looked good yesterday. I didn't see that coming. but he was pushing the pocket every time he was on the field.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea he looked good yesterday. I didn't see that coming. but he was pushing the pocket every time he was on the field.

Yup! Kid look fresh and determined. Arrow up!
If he can keep that going this season, I'll be convinced that Kocurek is a miracle worker.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
outside of biting hard on a RPO he played pretty darn good...2 pressures, a sack, fumble recovery, 2 tackles on 22 snaps.

Had a day!
Lol he looked like a mess out there. A few in the right place at the right time moments no doubt. But overall he looked lost and looked just flat out of shape. I'll be interested to see how he can progress.

He did indeed showed some flashes but got taken out in 1 on 1's a lot. Raw.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Lol he looked like a mess out there. A few in the right place at the right time moments no doubt. But overall he looked lost and looked just flat out of shape. I'll be interested to see how he can progress.

PFF had him rated at 78 percent

You sure you were watching the right guy?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:

This, he really looked out of shape too

PFF can suck it. They also raves about McG who was tossed on his ass 3x. One being very embarrassing. Watch the tape. We just rewatched it again. Like I said a few times he was in the right place at the right time. Solid job on instincts and reacting quickly. There's also other times where it's glaring that he's flat out of football shape (to be expected) he needs more reps.

PFF can suck it. They also raves about McG who was tossed on his ass 3x. One being very embarrassing. Watch the tape. We just rewatched it again. Like I said a few times he was in the right place at the right time. Solid job on instincts and reacting quickly. There's also other times where it's glaring that he's flat out of football shape (to be expected) he needs more reps.

Okay well I guess that's what you feel even though the stats show otherwise

Hell there were other guys complaining about Armstead and he was the second highest rated Defender behind Fred Warner and he didn't even have the stats that Dion Jordan or Kerry Hyder had.

But I guess I'll take your word over it as opposed to the statisticians lol
  • mod
  • Veteran
I was not impressed with Dion Jordan either. I don't think he played as well as his stats indicate.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
outside of biting hard on a RPO he played pretty darn good...2 pressures, a sack, fumble recovery, 2 tackles on 22 snaps.

Had a day!

Yup, rewatched the game again, and agree. He took some good inside moves and put some pressure on the QB. Hope he gets better as the season wears on. Him and Hyder are key to our playoff hopes, in my opinion - along with Dee Ford and his back. We'll need all three edge rushers to be 100% healthy if we are to at least challenge in the playoffs. Hyder and Dion, have to get better and play as well against top of the line competition as they did against bottom feeders. We shall see if they can progress - I'm hoping Kocurek can do miracles.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
If he can keep that going this season, I'll be convinced that Kocurek is a miracle worker.

Yup agreed!!! Lynch and Shanahan need to give this guy a raise!!!

Hell there were other guys complaining about Armstead and he was the second highest rated Defender behind Fred Warner and he didn't even have the stats that Dion Jordan or Kerry Hyder had.

Lol because stats really show and tell the whole story. Come in son. How many times does a NT get doubled team.. he may not get any sacks all game but was such a force and presence in the middle he affects The Whole play... Bryant Young is the perfect example. Dude did not have the sexy stats but was such a force.
You are missing what I am saying re Jordan's stats.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

Yup agreed!!! Lynch and Shanahan need to give this guy a raise!!!

Cosign

Lol because stats really show and tell the whole story. Come in son. How many times does a NT get doubled team.. he may not get any sacks all game but was such a force and presence in the middle he affects The Whole play... Bryant Young is the perfect example. Dude did not have the sexy stats but was such a force.
You are missing what I am saying re Jordan's stats.

I totally agree with you in that regard

As I mentioned before guys were talking about how bad Armstead played and he didn't have any eye-popping stats either but was the second highest rated Defender behind Fred Warner because of his overall effect on the defensive line

Dion Jordan had a good game man and for only playing 22 snaps I think that's pretty good
Share 49ersWebzone