Originally posted by 49ers9797:Does anyone else remember the 2017 Pats losing a SB while their #2 CB was benched? Everyone wrote the Pats off after that. And they were definitely left for dead after a week 15 loss in Pittsburgh. And then....they proceeded to win five straight. And the SB. Belichick redeemed himself after the previous SB.
Will it be easy? It never is. No matter how great a team is. But I feel this will be a year of redemption. We have the Tight End. We have great receivers. Our defense is elite. Our coaching is top notch.
New Orleans has a declining QB with a defense that is awful in two minute situations.
Green Bay has a near 37 year old declining QB now looking over his shoulder. They have Adams and Jones. Not much else.
Dallas has a new coach with a meddling owner. Their QB isn't that good.
Tampa has a 43 year old QB. Yes, their offense might be on par with ours. But would anyone take current Brady over Jimmy right now?
Does anyone else feel more confident that this season will end in a SB win? I certainly do.
I concur on everything except for great receivers. Our receiving corps as a unit is above average-solid at best but I do think we can easily win the Super Bowl this year assuming injuries don't happen like they did last year
