There are 145 users in the forums

I Need 49ers Fan's Help for a New Kezar Stadium Book

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My name is Martin Jacobs, 77, and a long time San Francisco 49ers fan for 68 years. I'm authoring a new book called, "Reflections of Kezar Stadium- 49ers Fans' Remember." A section of my book will be devoted to 49ers fans who witnessed the games at Kezar. I was hoping that maybe I might find some on 49erswebzone. If you or your father, grandfather, uncle, or anyone you know who visited Kezar between 1946 to 1971, before the 49ers moved to Candlestick., I need their comments. As an example, they might recall the 'boo-birds,' unruly beer-bottle throwing fans who attended the games, or the splinters from those uncomfortable wooden benches, or the frequent foggy weather, those seagulls swooping down on the fan's in the stands, sitting the Christopher Milk section, or maybe a special halftime performance at the stadium, the food at the stadium, or Joe McTigue's 49ers band, or remember something about mingling on the field with a special 49er player, or coach, or a special game they recall. I'll accept a few lines, or paragraphs or even a few pages. For their contribution, I will give book credits and a free book, for the comments chosen. I'll welcome a few lines, or a few paragraphs, or a pages, or just say hello. They can email me at [email protected].
Welcome, Mr Jacobs. We do have some members whose memories go back that far. Hopefully they will be in touch. Mine doesn't go back beyond Candlestick although I have visited Kezar.

Good luck on your quest.
There are all kinds of old timers on here with some good stories. I'm interested in hearing them as well.
Thats awesome. Im a little too "young" to remember any games at Kezar but Im sure youll find some stories. Keep us updated once the book is published. Best of luck!
Contact Michael Zagaris .He is a famed Photaghrapher from SF and Still a 49ers Photagrapher till this day. Hope this helps
Pops didnt miss a game from 1956 on. Ill see if he has any stories for you. Regardless, please keep us all updated as I am definitely interested in purchasing a book when its completed.
Welcome!

My dad and two of his brothers played at Washington in the 40s, my dad, '46-'49. They played games there and also got to usher every home game.
I'll ask him if he has anything for you.

I look forward to the book!
Share 49ersWebzone