LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

Would you attend a 49ers game this coming season if you had to sign a waiver taking respo?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you attend a 49ers game this coming season if you had to sign a waiver taking respo?

If they allowed fans and practiced social distancing they would have to skip every other row and have at least 2 empty seats between each person since the seats are less than 3 feet wide. That would mean about 12-15 thousand fans max. If they wore face masks thats going to hold down the noise. That wouldn't be worth the risk either financially or for the fans and players. If they can find a safe way to play without fans then fine. Personally, as much as I love football I would rather skip the season and wait until we can have a normal season with full training camps and full stadiums. That's the way football is meant to be.
Fill the stadium, Go at your own risk. This virus is overblown. A few years back we had a heavy flu season with deaths around 60 to 80 thousand with vaccines.

I bet a you our deaths are much less than reported. It's so easy to put covid on the death certificate . Colorado has already admitted that mistakes have been made.

Don't want to minimize death, but destroying a economy is wrong. Just f**king use common sense
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
They might do one seat apart and masks required 100% of the time. No food and no alcohol sold. Bathroom monitors only allowing a certain number of ppl in, with line markers on the ground, so ppl don't crowd the entrance.

IDK but from a safety standpoint, 6 ft radius would mean every 2 seats are empty , making just 1/3 of seats available, and if every row is being used then those folks would have to be staggered so that they are not sitting directly behind or in front of another fan. Max, it looks like best they could do in addition to bathroom monitoring, but 6 ft spacing strips like are used in grocery stores for fans in line, masks required of course...probably looking at only 1/3 of seats available. Also if i were in charge, initially i would just do seating for every other row. That would mean :

1/3 of seats in each row are used

Every OTHER row seating, INITIALLY.. If that works and no covid cases erupt , then go to staggered seating every row, with 6' spacing between fans. No fan should have another fan directly behind or in front of him.

1/3 of a 72,000 fan stadium, is 24,000 fans. But if every other rows have to be empty for 6' spacing, then cut that to 12,000 fans. Granted it's not much, but it is some.

And as noted above, no food nor beverage sales, and every person must wear a mask.

The worst outcome would be if fans in stadium cause more covid cases and then no fans for sure, and even worse, a halt to games... that would be a huge price to pay for just letting somewhere between 12,000 and 24,000 see the game live. And don't think there aren't those out there who definitely DO NOT WANT any fans at any games. So best to do it cautiously if we dont want to end the season prematurely.

I would definitely be in favor of not doing this initially, and just see how games go with no fans. What if 2 teams play and 3 days later, a dozen players come down with covid? That would bring a screeching halt to any games...NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL. So key to this is players being checked for elevated temperature and p02 (% oxygen saturation in blood , done with a clip like a clothes pin put on index finger ) at 98% or higher. (Covid cases have their % oxygen saturation drop notably so this would be a necessary test a day or so before game.).

If we cant have players play without getting sick, then we shouldn't be playing. Fans initially would just cloudy the waters. Let them play in empty stadiums first and if no cases between players occur, then go ahead with greatly reduced seating as above.

As for signing a waiver to enter, that would be up to owners, maybe the city, and my guess would be it would be required.

I didn't read the whole post. Seemed like ideas about spacing and seating but what about family members? Are they going to separate parents from kids? So that would mess up your seat spacing. Too many factors to have fans at games period. It's either all or nothing imo
I'll be happy just to get games back. I don't need to be there. I think fans can take a season off from all sports. Let's just get the sports back first and then worry about when we'll be allowed back to the games
As long as the NFL has face masks on the helmets
Originally posted by Mooseman:
Fill the stadium, Go at your own risk. This virus is overblown. A few years back we had a heavy flu season with deaths around 60 to 80 thousand with vaccines.

I bet a you our deaths are much less than reported. It's so easy to put covid on the death certificate . Colorado has already admitted that mistakes have been made.

Don't want to minimize death, but destroying a economy is wrong. Just f**king use common sense

That's the problem. People don't use common sense. The refuse to wear a mask and want to keep gathering in groups. This virus seems to have a lot of lasting effects like permanent lung damage for people that get a serious case. It's not like the flu or a bad cold. Some people think it's macho to tough it out but all they're doing is making it worse for some people with underlying conditions.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If they allowed fans and practiced social distancing they would have to skip every other row and have at least 2 empty seats between each person since the seats are less than 3 feet wide. That would mean about 12-15 thousand fans max. If they wore face masks thats going to hold down the noise. That wouldn't be worth the risk either financially or for the fans and players. If they can find a safe way to play without fans then fine. Personally, as much as I love football I would rather skip the season and wait until we can have a normal season with full training camps and full stadiums. That's the way football is meant to be.
So if fans can't go you don't want the sport to begin at all? It'll take much longer to get sports back that way. I'm definitely not on board with that. Let them start without fans. Watch from home...
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Naw, tickets are too expensive

They really aren't though.

Oh ok
This moose is talking about common sense in murica

Seven percent of all American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows, according to a nationally representative online survey commissioned by the Innovation Center of U.S. Dairy. If you do the math, that works out to 16.4 million misinformed, milk-drinking people.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Not this season.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
frickin' democrats & their chinese overlords trampling on freedoms & the constitution

Do you have to work hard to be that clueless or does it just come naturally?
Originally posted by Howlett49:
So if fans can't go you don't want the sport to begin at all? It'll take much longer to get sports back that way. I'm definitely not on board with that. Let them start without fans. Watch from home...

I'm okay with an empty stadium, but what I'm saying is it won't be a normal season. They're very likely to have shortened training periods and little or no practice in order to cut down the risk of the virus spreading through the locker room. The very nature of football makes it very likely the virus could spread. It's not like golf or auto racing where you can keep your distance. That will effect the game in a negative manner. Maybe more fumbles and penalties. Just a lower level of play. They may have a shortened season. In the end I would almost prefer no season since people will be questioning the records of teams and players. I wouldn't feel the same if the Niners won a SB in a shortened, tainted season. There is also the slight chance for more injuries if the players don't have enough time to really get prepared. I'll watch if they play but I'm not sure it's the best way to go.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on May 17, 2020 at 10:48 AM ]
This thing started in Seattle, they should definitely have empty stadiums there
I am not from USA and most likely neither me nor anyone else will be allowed to visit the country, so sadly I won't attend any game wether they allow fans or not at the stadium. Football is the only reason to visit the country anyway but still sucks this year it won't happen, I've traveled to watch a game every year since 2010.
Yeah. If they do the whole 6ft apart thing it may be one of the only times I'm willing to go to an NFL venue.
Share 49ersWebzone