LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Would you attend a 49ers game this coming season if you had to sign a waiver taking respo?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you attend a 49ers game this coming season if you had to sign a waiver taking respo?

Just trying to get an idea of what people are thinking out there...🤘49ers!!!
Naw, tickets are too expensive
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mgrasis7:
Just trying to get an idea of what people are thinking out there...🤘49ers!!!

I hope it's you, Gavin.
I'm so glad the raiders are gone!
frickin' democrats & their chinese overlords trampling on freedoms & the constitution
They might do one seat apart and masks required 100% of the time. No food and no alcohol sold. Bathroom monitors only allowing a certain number of ppl in, with line markers on the ground, so ppl don't crowd the entrance.
I'll be there week 1. No need to sign a waiver. Let's f**ken go!!!
Seems like the overreaction to it is finally going away. I think there will be fans in stadiums
Originally posted by MagaBosa:
Seems like the overreaction to it is finally going away. I think there will be fans in stadiums

Nearly 100K dead isn't an overreaction, there's a good chance no fans will be allowed this year, this Coronavirus may never go away.
YES! I have season tickets already paid for!

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
They might do one seat apart and masks required 100% of the time. No food and no alcohol sold. Bathroom monitors only allowing a certain number of ppl in, with line markers on the ground, so ppl don't crowd the entrance.

IDK but from a safety standpoint, 6 ft radius would mean every 2 seats are empty , making just 1/3 of seats available, and if every row is being used then those folks would have to be staggered so that they are not sitting directly behind or in front of another fan. Max, it looks like best they could do in addition to bathroom monitoring, but 6 ft spacing strips like are used in grocery stores for fans in line, masks required of course...probably looking at only 1/3 of seats available. Also if i were in charge, initially i would just do seating for every other row. That would mean :

1/3 of seats in each row are used

Every OTHER row seating, INITIALLY.. If that works and no covid cases erupt , then go to staggered seating every row, with 6' spacing between fans. No fan should have another fan directly behind or in front of him.

1/3 of a 72,000 fan stadium, is 24,000 fans. But if every other rows have to be empty for 6' spacing, then cut that to 12,000 fans. Granted it's not much, but it is some.

And as noted above, no food nor beverage sales, and every person must wear a mask.

The worst outcome would be if fans in stadium cause more covid cases and then no fans for sure, and even worse, a halt to games... that would be a huge price to pay for just letting somewhere between 12,000 and 24,000 see the game live. And don't think there aren't those out there who definitely DO NOT WANT any fans at any games. So best to do it cautiously if we dont want to end the season prematurely.

I would definitely be in favor of not doing this initially, and just see how games go with no fans. What if 2 teams play and 3 days later, a dozen players come down with covid? That would bring a screeching halt to any games...NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL. So key to this is players being checked for elevated temperature and p02 (% oxygen saturation in blood , done with a clip like a clothes pin put on index finger ) at 98% or higher. (Covid cases have their % oxygen saturation drop notably so this would be a necessary test a day or so before game.).

If we cant have players play without getting sick, then we shouldn't be playing. Fans initially would just cloudy the waters. Let them play in empty stadiums first and if no cases between players occur, then go ahead with greatly reduced seating as above.

As for signing a waiver to enter, that would be up to owners, maybe the city, and my guess would be it would be required.
It's not up to the teams. They would need to get the okay from state and local authorities. A waiver isn't going to do anything. People need to stop acting like the precautions like wearing masks and distancing are for their own protection. It's to keep you from spreading the disease if you have it and that's one of the biggest problems. We don't have enough people tested and you can be contagious and not have any symptoms. One infected person can spread it to a lot of people.
^^^for whatever reason, why people are not wearing masks which protects OTHERS from them if they have the disease, perhaps w/ no sx...just confounds me. . Here locally we still have some folks walking around wth no masks, which puts others at risk. Most wear masks in public, but those that don't are just putting the rest of us at risk. I honestly believe those folks don't understand the reason for wearing a mask. It is to protect your fellow citizens.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 17, 2020 at 8:53 AM ]
I don't know what they're going to do. But f**k no I will not sign s**t!
I've had season tix now for a few years at Levi's and it's getting to the point of it's not really worth it. Yeah the winning is cool but the atmosphere just sucks. It's not that fun of a stadium like it was at the Stick. That may be due to the new wave of people that go.

I don't think we will see any fans in the stands for the first month maybe two. If so then there's going to be major backlash. Even if they do a lottery tho seating style. SBL holders will be fkn filing lawsuits if they are left out.

I think they have to find a way to fill the stadiums up but it's going to come down to the state that the team plays in. CA is a fkn complete s**tshow so I don't know how it's going to work out here.

I see a lot of lawsuits coming though
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Naw, tickets are too expensive

They really aren't though.
Share 49ersWebzone