49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 616 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a Quitter! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • The Last Fronin
  • Posts: 27,972
Originally posted by Polkadots:
BA figured 49ers would never let it get this far.

49ers called his bluff.

BA knows going to be Pitt. will be more money, but playing for that team, in that division, in that part of the country, will suck.

49ers make a good will gesture, offering him 26.1 M, and he signs in SF.

Okay, after 60000000 pages of this s**t, let's get off the pot shall we.

Either, BA is gone or he is here. He is either loathed by Steelers fans or Niner fans (minus the vocal minority who expect the Niners to do no wrong and if they do it has to be John, Jed, or Kyle's fault because they suck.). BA is either loved by his new coach or has some work to do with his current one that helped transform him into the receiver that he is today. Either, we get a decent haul or not (this is highly subjective). And we either turn that into something in return or we do not or we trade it for some other WR of some level of quality or another doot that has some skillz. If we keep BA, we will likely part ways with another person because simply we cannot pay them (could be Deebo). Either we win #6 and finally move on to a new catch phrase or we don't.
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
You said Aiyuk wont move the needle for the Steelers, so why should they give up significant compensation.
So, if he does not move the needle for them, why offer him 30 Million?

I cannot answer that. If I were the Pitt. GM I would not make such a trade, because I think I can do more for the team with that money, draft picks, players (who might be involved in this trade) over the next few years when, potentially, my team's Super Bowl window opens.

* To be fair, I do not know the trade parameters ATM, so when that finalizes, we can talk more.
[ Edited by Polkadots on Aug 13, 2024 at 2:14 PM ]
I still feel like he will end up on the 49ers.

The 49ers will make a small concession to make the Aiyuk camp feel like the deal is more palatable and that they got some kind of "win" and that'll be the end of it.

I don't think he really thought this whole thing through. The 49ers called his bluff and now he has no choice.

His agent has done a terrible job here advising him.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Okay, after 60000000 pages of this s**t, let's get off the pot shall we.

Either, BA is gone or he is here. He is either loathed by Steelers fans or Niner fans (minus the vocal minority who expect the Niners to do no wrong and if they do it has to be John, Jed, or Kyle's fault because they suck.). BA is either loved by his new coach or has some work to do with his current one that helped transform him into the receiver that he is today. Either, we get a decent haul or not (this is highly subjective). And we either turn that into something in return or we do not or we trade it for some other WR of some level of quality or another doot that has some skillz. If we keep BA, we will likely part ways with another person because simply we cannot pay them (could be Deebo). Either we win #6 and finally move on to a new catch phrase or we don't.

Pretty much. Either it is raining outside or it isn't
We gonna get Freiermuth?
Originally posted by mcwoot:
We gonna get Freiermuth?

We gonna get friar tuck and be happy with it 😭
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/07/20/highest-paid-wide-receivers-nfl/10049101002/

Deebos contract was reasonable. Especially when considering the minutia

edit: deebo agreed to a contract that made him the 8th highest receiver. Based on your reasonable contract logic, that would put BAs contract at 26.5.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
🥱🥱🥱

CeeDee Lamb and Jamaar Chase?

No way either one signs for under $30m

I bet that 1 if not both exceed Jefferson's $35m.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by mcwoot:
We gonna get Freiermuth?

We gonna get friar tuck and be happy with it 😭

Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
You said Aiyuk wont move the needle for the Steelers, so why should they give up significant compensation.
So, if he does not move the needle for them, why offer him 30 Million?

I cannot answer that. If I were the Pitt. GM I would not make such a trade, because I think I can do more for the team with that money, draft picks, players (who might be involved in this trade) over the next few years when, potentially, my team's Super Bowl window opens.

* To be fair, I do not know the trade parameters ATM, so when that finalizes, we can talk more.

They are just praying Russ doesn't crash and burn. That would be a disaster. Anything to help the praying that QB to WR is a success.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
how about we make a good gesture while he's on the plane to PIT

I get that side of it. This s**t is annoying. But, I just don't see how any trade put the 49ers in a better position than they are with BA. Why would Pitt. give up anything that valuable? They have nothing to gain. BA isn't moving the needle for Pitt. They still aren't doing s**t in that division / conference.
The Steelers interest in Aiyuk has never made sense to me unless they are completely delusional about their prospects for the immediate future.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
We gonna get Freiermuth?

Freiermuth, Herbig, and a 2nd. I could live with that. We did DE depth and Herbig is good but because of the Steelers loaded Dline he is buried on their depth chart. And he is only 22 years old with still 2 years left on his rookie deal.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
We gonna get Freiermuth?


Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
how about we make a good gesture while he's on the plane to PIT

I get that side of it. This s**t is annoying. But, I just don't see how any trade put the 49ers in a better position than they are with BA. Why would Pitt. give up anything that valuable? They have nothing to gain. BA isn't moving the needle for Pitt. They still aren't doing s**t in that division / conference.
The Steelers interest in Aiyuk has never made sense to me unless they are completely delusional about their prospects for the immediate future.

I agree.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
The Steelers interest in Aiyuk has never made sense to me unless they are completely delusional about their prospects for the immediate future.

i'm guessing Mike Tomlin is at prax and he knows he's cooked. he needs some kind of homerun play to save his backside. imagine watching old Russ and Fields run around try to have some sort of air attack. he's panicking over there.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
The Steelers interest in Aiyuk has never made sense to me unless they are completely delusional about their prospects for the immediate future.

i'm guessing Mike Tomlin is at prax and he knows he's cooked. he needs some kind of homerun play to save his backside. imagine watching old Russ and Fields run around try to have some sort of air attack. he's panicking over there.

MT can collect the players he wants, his job security is unlike any other NFL coach.

How many Head Coaches have the Steelers had since the 60's?

How many Head Coaches have the Steelers fired in that same time period?
  • fip24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,011
Let's assume the Niners get a 2nd and 3rd in 2024 and a 2nd in 2025 for BA.
We'd have to assume the only way the trade is made for picks only is if the FO has a deal in place for a different vet WR. Some possibilties...
Cooper- I think he's being underrated by the people on this board, but I couldn't imagine the Browns would let go of him without getting a WR back
Tee Higgins- Doubtful the Bengals would move Higgins, knowing it would facilitate BA you going to their rival.
Adams - everyone's top choice, but I just don't see it happening
Bourne- if he truly was the centerpiece of the trade with the patriots I would think the Niners could go back and get him. Injured last year and on a rebuilding team with a ton of young wide receivers. Probably could get him for a a#4

Adam Thielen- I haven't seen his name mentioned, but it makes a lot of sense. Carolina is rebuilding and has a group of good wide receivers, including their number one pick that they want to get on the field.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone