There are 205 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We can keep both, the Rams have kept two good (highly paid) receivers forever, Tampa Bay has kept two or three, there are plenty of teams that can keep two very good receivers as well as pay other players at the same time. We have quarterbacks on rookie contracts and the salary cap will be going up every year. Especially since Deebo gets injured a few games every year we need to keep Aiyuk
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jimrat:

👀

They got nothing for Mike McGlinchey's 5th year option and lost him to FA. Strike while the iron's hot.

I'd rather keep Aiyuk for this upcoming season and then maybe trade him in his fifth year if we have a viable alternative

Aiyuk is going to get you a 1+. There's your RT and/or LT of the future. Then you don't have to pay that 5th year option. This isn't a pass centric offense. We don't need lots of 1K receivers. He's clearly not thrilled to play in this offense. It's smart business whether we like it or not.
Originally posted by elguapo:
We can keep both, the Rams have kept two good (highly paid) receivers forever, Tampa Bay has kept two or three, there are plenty of teams that can keep two very good receivers as well as pay other players at the same time. We have quarterbacks on rookie contracts and the salary cap will be going up every year. Especially since Deebo gets injured a few games every year we need to keep Aiyuk

Those a pass centric offenses though. Those are much more needed to operate their offenses.
Originally posted by jimrat:

👀

They got nothing for Mike McGlinchey's 5th year option and lost him to FA. Strike while the iron's hot.

I'd rather keep Aiyuk for this upcoming season and then maybe trade him in his fifth year if we have a viable alternative

Aiyuk is going to get you a 1+. There's your RT and/or LT of the future. Then you don't have to pay that 5th year option. This isn't a pass centric offense. We don't need lots of 1K receivers. He's clearly not thrilled to play in this offense. It's smart business whether we like it or not.

Well what I meant was that we have to make the decision on his fifth year option after the draft, so we could still use him this upcoming season and trade him next offseason (unless he stinks it up).

I just don't know who we would replace him with.it's not a bad idea and I get where you're coming from though.

Any studs we can get this draft? I doubt there are any WRs we could still trade for.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 27, 2023 at 4:39 PM ]

Those a pass centric offenses though. Those are much more needed to operate their offenses.

AB was on John Chapman's show a few minutes ago and said that he sees no big cap issues when it comes to keeping both long-term if we want to go that route. Aiyuk is definitely getting extended, unless someone blows Lynch away, and unless Deebo plays poorly, I'm sure he'll finish out his contract and possibly get another extension if his play doesn't greatly diminish over that time. I trust our front office to work everything out.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

AB was on John Chapman's show a few minutes ago and said that he sees no big cap issues when it comes to keeping both long-term if we want to go that route. Aiyuk is definitely getting extended, unless someone blows Lynch away, and unless Deebo plays poorly, I'm sure he'll finish out his contract and possibly get another extension if his play doesn't greatly diminish over that time. I trust our front office to work everything out.

Yes sir
Well what I meant was that we have to make the decision on his fifth year option after the draft, so we could still use him this upcoming season and trade him next offseason (unless he stinks it up).

I just don't know who we would replace him with.it's not a bad idea and I get where you're coming from though.

Any studs we can get this draft? I doubt there are any WRs we could still trade for.

I gotcha. Remember, so far, WR's we've met with, 3 of the 5 have been top 150 picks. So perhaps they have a plan and/or are doing their due diligence. Just a thought.

CB (7/4)
S (9/4)
WR (5/3)

I gotcha. Remember, so far, WR's we've met with, 3 of the 5 have been top 150 picks. So perhaps they have a plan and/or are doing their due diligence. Just a thought.

CB (7/4)
S (9/4)
WR (5/3)

I was just looking at the list and was about to comment about that. Lol I trust they know what they're doing.

one thing about this coach/front office - whether i agree with the move or not, I trust they are making decisions in the best interest of the team, Everytime. Not moves because they're cheap or whatever.
The question isn't can they afford it. Its will they want to spend that much money on 1 position over spreading that money around while getting production from a cheaper wr. Plus how much does BA want. If he's looking for 25 million a year he's good as gone.

CB (7/4)
S (9/4)
WR (5/3)

I was just looking at the list and was about to comment about that. Lol I trust they know what they're doing.

one thing about this coach/front office - whether i agree with the move or not, I trust they are making decisions in the best interest of the team, Everytime. Not moves because they're cheap or whatever.

For sure! Sometimes I don't agree with where they prioritize but I can always understand their process and why. That's for sure.

5th year option, exercised. 14mil in 2024!
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 28, 2023 at 8:38 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Afrikan:
5th year option, exercised. 14mil in 2024!

Money well spent.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Anyone saying BA "clearly doesn't wanna be here" is seeing what they want to see. The evidence is one tweet, and a handful of times he was demonstrably frustrated on the field, most of which were with Jimmy at QB. Do we or do we not see WRs across the league look frustrated when the ball doesn't come their way basically every single Sunday from September to January? And that tweet is not this clear and definite sign that he doesn't want to be here that some are making it out to be.
We are all just interpreting but to say it's "clear" he doesn't wanna be here or isn't happy here is really hyperbolizing at this point. Acting like it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone. Or that we know that BA would rather be a 100 catch guy on a worse team. We don't know that. Maybe BA would rather win a chip.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
There's really a more logical argument for re-signing BA and moving Deebo in '25 but I'm just going to enjoy this awesome tandem while they're here
we got the weirdest fanbase. more talk of trading one instead of keeping both.
Share 49ersWebzone