LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
With all the hyperbole coming out of training camp about how our touted D couldn't cover him and he was set for a breakout season, where the hell was Aiyuk?! Was it a factor of not being targeted? Not getting open? Not being seen? A regression to his ghost season? There's plenty to criticize about Lance's performance, but also much to go around to the rest of the team as well. Certainly the O-line ( KS and Lynch deserve a verbal beatdown for letting this area get this neglected/mismanaged). The D breakdowns on crucial plays. Penalties. And maybe the absence of critical offensive components like Aiyuk. The question is, whose fault is it, that he was so absent?

this might be a stretch but monsoon like rained games are slightly harder to throw in vs games with ideal weather conditions

You beat me to it. Like um..you expect a normal performance in a downpour?
With all the hyperbole coming out of training camp about how our touted D couldn't cover him and he was set for a breakout season, where the hell was Aiyuk?! Was it a factor of not being targeted? Not getting open? Not being seen? A regression to his ghost season? There's plenty to criticize about Lance's performance, but also much to go around to the rest of the team as well. Certainly the O-line ( KS and Lynch deserve a verbal beatdown for letting this area get this neglected/mismanaged). The D breakdowns on crucial plays. Penalties. And maybe the absence of critical offensive components like Aiyuk. The question is, whose fault is it, that he was so absent?

this might be a stretch but monsoon like rained games are slightly harder to throw in vs games with ideal weather conditions

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I love going back and looking at these threads, 1st few pages, man, people were wrong on Aiyuk, dude is a gonna be a baller this year.

Its fun isnt it? I stand by my initial comment in this thread. Loved picking Aiyuk but dont think it was necessary to move up to get him. I expect big things out of him this year.

I was ridiculed a lot for saying I liked Aiyuk more than Ruggs. Aiyuk was one of my favorite players in the draft. I admit that I also loved Jalen Hurd. The draft is a crapshoot after all.

There was a lot to like about Hurd. Id still be open to a similar type of player. But draft them 6th or 7th or UDFA.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I love going back and looking at these threads, 1st few pages, man, people were wrong on Aiyuk, dude is a gonna be a baller this year.

Its fun isnt it? I stand by my initial comment in this thread. Loved picking Aiyuk but dont think it was necessary to move up to get him. I expect big things out of him this year.

I was ridiculed a lot for saying I liked Aiyuk more than Ruggs. Aiyuk was one of my favorite players in the draft. I admit that I also loved Jalen Hurd. The draft is a crapshoot after all.

There was a lot to like about Hurd. Id still be open to a similar type of player. But draft them 6th or 7th or UDFA.

I really feel like Jordan Matthews could have been that player. Sucks he got injured. He could have been a decent weapon at TE. I know some people disagree but he looked great from the clips I saw.
Originally posted by Overkill:

That had to be something they saw on film. Nasty nonetheless.
  • thl408
Originally posted by YACBros85:

I think the OLB was expecting a crack block that never came. Play the 49ers, get cracked.

Aiyuk is so shifty. He's a good one and we finally have 2 #1 wrs in the lineup
Originally posted by thl408:
I think the OLB was expecting a crack block that never came. Play the 49ers, get cracked.

Yep.

I seen Deebo tried the same thing on another play but wasn't as affective.

• 91til
  • Veteran

The official NFL Instagram posted that clip and tagged Aiyuk and asked if this counted as a pancake. Aiyuk commented "fasho doe" haha.

The art of blocking without blocking
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I really feel like Jordan Matthews could have been that player. Sucks he got injured. He could have been a decent weapon at TE. I know some people disagree but he looked great from the clips I saw.

I can see it and thought he was going to make the 53. Not sure if his head is into it because he is getting older, but I'd be open to him coming to camp next year.

Share 49ersWebzone