LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Travis Benjamin a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Sadly, this is very true. He legitimately may make the team by default along because he's one of 3 WR's who at least know the offense...not that Garoppolo trusts him or will throw to him but at least he'll know his responsibilities and can be a decoy. Maybe?

Decoy . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I I literally fell out of my chair when I read that.

Seriously though, a decoy requires a credible threat that a defense is required to use a top defender on, requires a DC to scheme for. Why would Shanny use a largely unproductive WR that his own QB don't trust as a decoy? Just what has Pettis shown in his NFL career that warrants him anything lose to crediable decoy?

Haha. Well, nobody else knows about him so they might treat him like he's legit for awhile.

Oh trust me, if WE can see that Pettis' own QB don't trust him certainly opposing defenses and DC's can.
Oh trust me, if WE can see that Pettis' own QB don't trust him certainly opposing defenses and DC's can.

True, true.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

True, true.
we were told during the entire second half of the year as he set in the dog house,. that pettis would be rolled out as the secret weapon in the playoffs.. i must have missed that. i do not recall seeing him. what did he do. was it productive. was it interesting?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
My hope is he chooses *now* vs never. Or at least *never in Kyle's offense* ever again, kind of choice.

Hustle beats talent if talent doesn't Hustle.
--- David Lombardi.

the longer you baby players. the longer they will be babies
cciowa
Dude was dogs**t

He came for a paycheck. That's it.
Cut his ass
We should seriously cut him and Cracraft immediately.
They both add absolutely nothing.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude was dogs**t

Yep. Nothing special would been an upgrade for him.
Will not make the team. His reps should go to Sherfield, Jennings, or even Nsimba who literally burst onto the screen last night.

Benjamin, James, and Cracraft aren't making the squad. Sherfield is a lock. Jennings' stock is up. Nsimba is a nobody but looks explosive.

Then there's Hurd. We will need to see something from him this week to justify keeping him over Jennings.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Benjamin looked somewhat disinterested and considering he's battling for a roster spot I would have hoped we'd see him give a better effort
He caused the rosen int. How do you not get your hands up?
Originally posted by Shifty:
Benjamin looked somewhat disinterested and considering he's battling for a roster spot I would have hoped we'd see him give a better effort

I noticed this too. Dude looked like he was at practice or something
and just like that Benjamin is going to be cut. Well played buddy
1. What was the suspension for?

2. He's been back for a full week. Has he been in the cards as part of the gameplan all along?
Share 49ersWebzone