LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 342 users in the forums

Kerry Hyder, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hyder is only productive with Kocurek and somebody will overpay for him.
Hyder 8m a year? Your kidding right? graded 68.6. How many of those sacks meaningfully impacted games? Ok player, not great. His agent gonna be a stats warrior, but really. He's a good sub who had a good year. This is all the upside we are gonna see.Especially when we move away from w9 due to our inability to stop a run play.
  • thl408
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Hyder 8m a year? Your kidding right? graded 68.6. How many of those sacks meaningfully impacted games? Ok player, not great. His agent gonna be a stats warrior, but really. He's a good sub who had a good year. This is all the upside we are gonna see.Especially when we move away from w9 due to our inability to stop a run play.

Hyder at $8 is too rich for my blood. Tell Kocurek to go find another Hyder-like player (journeyman DE that can maximize his abilities in this scheme). I'd rather have Juice ($4) + KWilliams ($4) if it was an either/or situation.
Bring Ronald Blair back for cheap since he hasn't played for a while and draft another speed rusher to develop with the Saleh pick. Hyder is not worth more than 4m or 5m. But that's how FA works, players get overpaid
I would give him a 2 or 3 year deal with the first year fully guaranteed and a higher amount of unguaranteed money in year 2 and/or 3.
Still hoping we can bring him back...
Dude is not going anywhere
Originally posted by thl408:
Hyder at $8 is too rich for my blood. Tell Kocurek to go find another Hyder-like player (journeyman DE that can maximize his abilities in this scheme). I'd rather have Juice ($4) + KWilliams ($4) if it was an either/or situation.

yes. i would keep him for around 3-4m and maybe some incentives
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Dude is not going anywhere

Are the niners gonna franchise him?
Should absolutely re-sign this guy so long as its not over value. Not only are ER tough to come by, by signing him it show how hard work pays off and that the niners value that type of player. Good for team culture.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Jan 27, 2021 at 4:21 PM ]

Him opposite to bosa would be nice. I think he will be a little pricey but I think it's doable. Would have less needs come draft time.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Him opposite to bosa would be nice. I think he will be a little pricey but I think it's doable. Would have less needs come draft time.

Agreed. I thought Ronald Blair looked pretty solid too before he go hurt.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Jan 27, 2021 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:

This team should draft an edge early in the draft regardless if Hyder is brought back or not.

Please stay, Kerry!
Hyder is a very unique player. If you saw him during a practice with the DL guys, you'd immediately assume he's an interior DL with his stubby build. Dude was 290 lbs at the combine. But he's really crafty, understands how to rush from the edge, and has surprisingly good ankle bend for a bigger dude. Not to mention he's got a hell of a motor.

I hope he's back next year.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 28, 2021 at 10:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone